Monday, December 2, 2013

OO LA LA: C'EST WILLY DUNNE WOOTERS



Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

Willy Dunne Wooters and I were watching a very romantic movie last night:  Don Juan De Marco (and yes, Willy Dunne Wooters took off his shirt and looked exactly the way he does in the above photo). Don Juan De Marco stars Johnny Depp as a young man who believes he is Don Juan. He ends up in a mental hospital, and changes his psychiatrist's (Marlon Brando's) life.

Since our Don Juan was speaking with a Spanish accent, I crooked my index finger at Willy Dunne Wooters and motioned to him to move closer to me. Then I whispered in his ear, Te amo. Te quiero. (I love you. I want you.)

Willy Dunne Wooters' sweet little playful smile spread across his face and he said, That's kinda sexy.

Suddenly I realized I had discovered a new way to make Willy Dunne Wooters happy: He loves it when I speak in languages other than English, and it doesn't matter if he doesn't know what I'm saying.

I can ask him, Ou est la banque? (French for Where is the bank?), and that I'm-so-in-love-that-I'm totally captivated look suddenly shows up in Willy Dunne Wooters' beautiful blue/green eyes. He could melt butter with that gaze.

I ran out of French pretty quickly, so Merde! I told him (will not translate, but if you look it up you'll know why it's silly). I'll probably use Spanish to keep his interest, with, perhaps, a little Italian mixed in.

This morning I said, Mi espanol es muy excellente. His eyes drooped to half-mast and he grabbed me for a passionate kiss. I'm so glad I've learned yet another way to make my Willy Dunne Wooters happy–and perhaps discovered a method to control him just a little bit.

Oh, Willy Dunne Wooters, you are so thoughtful. You were especially sweet when you told me how beautiful my Christmas decorations are. And I'm so glad you liked the mashed potatoes with Thanksgiving dinner.

It was a good weekend, Willy Dunne Wooters. Je t'aime. (Uh-oh. Can you drive home with that extra stick shift?)

Don't we look good together?



Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug


You still have time to enter my giveaway, and it's not too late to send a birthday card (worth 10 entries) to me for my (former) mother-in-law, Margaret, who celebrates her 80th birthday during December. Send birthday card for Margaret to

Janie Goltz
PO Box 61371
Jacksonville FL 32236

Margaret likes sweet and sentimental cards, especially those with a Christian theme.

You can also get five entries for becoming a new follower of my blog, and an entry for already following.

The giveaway is open to residents of the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, and New Zealand. Prizes are books, two Amazon gift cards, a t-shirt, and $150 worth of editing by moi (calm down, Willy Dunne Wooters; it was only moi).


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug


35 comments:

  1. WDW and Johnny Depp IN THE SAME ROOM?? How did you cope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow, deep breaths–in through the nose, out through the mouth.

      Delete
  2. I'm like Willy, I love someone speaking another language to me. Oh, and when they say my name with an accent! Melt worthy.

    So glad things are going well with you and that fine gentleman! He sounds like a good one!

    My card is on the way...you should get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spanish is the language of love in our home. I think it's more beautiful than English, French, or any other. And I am so excited about what you are doing for your MIL- I feel like I'm right there with you planning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you. So far, only one card has arrived, but I know many are on the way. Lo apprecio mucho (I hope I spelled that correctly).

      Delete
  4. Coffey, you are so romantic. Please: Whisper something sweet in Southern in my ear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well seeing as I am Romanian, our language is ok, but in English it sounds more romantic. IMO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know any Romanian, so I don't know if it's sexy.

      Delete
  6. I speak the international language of love. I look my lover in the eyes and say, "You were right and I was wrong." I sent my card to Margaret last week and I hope you received it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to the post office tomorrow. If I don't have your card, I'll let you know. You definitely understand the language of love.

      Delete
  7. Branden took German in undergrad and it's not a mood booster. Thankfully he's just ridiculously hot so if he ever went mute, I'd be just fine ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAGGIE! MAGGIE! MAGGIE! I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. I was afraid you were never coming back. I even told Willy Dunne Wooters about you. I love you, Maggie! I'm so glad you're here. And, yeah, German is not sexy.

      Delete
    2. Awwww! You are too sweet! I knew that I would have to come back because I'd miss you and some of the others too much :) I have missed hearing about you and the doggies and all that's been happening. I don't remember a Willy Dunne Wooters so yay for new, amazing men!!! Sounds like you hit the jackpot! Love you too Janie and I'm so glad to be back.

      Delete
  8. Janie, I mailed my card last week, so please let me know if you don't get it today and I will send another one. This is too important a thing to miss out on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to the post office till tomorrow. If I don't have it then, I'll let you know. You are such a sweetie. I'll try to remember to take a photo of all the cards before I send them to her.

      Delete
  9. Gee, I might have to try that foreign language in the ear trick. Things are B-O-R-I-N-G lately...lol. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and that he loved your potatoes. Bruce says he loves my yams!!! hahaha I hope you got my card. I mailed it Tuesday. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only gotten one card so far, but I last went to the post office on Friday. I'm going again tomorrow and I bet they'll have a stack for me. I think Spanish and French work best as sexy languages. It doesn't matter what you say as long as Bruce doesn't understand the language.

      Delete
  10. I'm drooling… and I'm unable to process any thoughts coherently, whether in English or Spanish. Muy caliente!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do look good together. When will you get married?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you seen "A Fish Called Wanda"? I think that's the one where Jamie Lee Curtis has WDW's reaction when John Cleese speaks a foreign language to her. It's hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great together. Keep the Spanish coming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome. My hubby loves it when I use Spanish accent, but not when I speak another language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Shelly of La Tejana says, Spanish is the language of love in her house. I think there's a good reason Spanish and French are called "romance" languages, and it's not the conventional reason.

      Delete
  15. I sent my card off on Friday like a good little blogger...............I wish at times I could speak another language but alas not going to happen for many reasons but the big one is I do not have the patience to learn a language other than english...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo-Anne. I learned Spanish in high school and quite a bit of it stuck with me. Then I took French in college. Sometimes I open my mouth to speak Spanish and French falls out.

      Delete
  16. Finally...you talk about a movie I've seen! And yes to what fishducky said...I thought of Wanda as well. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet we've seen a lot of the same movies, but when I do MOVIE WEEKEND I like to introduce readers to something they might not know about (LOOK! I ended a sentence in a preposition. I'm out of controllllllllll!).

      Delete
  17. That was an odd movie--LOL! But it sounds like you two had a good time watching it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.