Monday, December 2, 2013

NEW ARRIVALS

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

So many of you said that you sent cards last week that I figured I'd better make a quick run to the PO and not put it off until tomorrow. Besides, I realized I hadn't checked the mailbox on Friday (Junebug! You don't go out on Black Friday, I reminded myself). I had last checked it on Wednesday.

I received one card last week. It was from fishducky. Isn't she always Numero Uno?

I haven't looked inside any of the cards yet, but based on return addresses (I'll try not to give away any identities that should be kept secret), it doth appear that cards have arrived from Karen, Pickleope, someone in Edmonton, Alberta (don't know if this person has a name I should protect so I won't name names), Casandra, Shelly, Cheryl, Liz, Susan, Barb, Susie, Rick & Jilda, Sherry (Mama), Beth, Mayor Gia & Boyfriend, DeAnna, Denise, and Stephen.

If I've used any names here that I shouldn't have mentioned, please email me at dumpedfirstwife@gmail.com, and I'll delete your name immediately. You see, the thing is, I don't know who a few of you are. Some people I can match with their blogs and blogger names, but I don't recognize all the names. The fact that so many people, known and unknown, would respond to my plea, truly overwhelms me.

Now let's count: 18 cards so far!

That means 62 more cards needed. If you can get me close to that, then my friend Carol and I will fill in the gap.

For those of you who are late to the party, please take a look at http://dumpedfirstwife.blogspot.com/2013/11/help-i-need-somebody-help-not-just.html for all the info about sending a card to my (former) mother-in-law for her 80th birthday.

I do believe I'll leave you with a song today, in addition to the song in my heart.

Thank you!


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug


30 comments:

  1. Glad I'm reminded that I should post my card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thou must not procrastinate, Peaches (the 14th commandment).

      Delete
  2. I just put this in today's post--& Wednesday's & Friday's: PLEASE help Janie Junebug in her attempt to send her former mother-in-law 80 cards for her 80th birthday!! [Here's the link]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put my card in the mail this afternoon, so you should have it in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth. You're so kind to send a card after everything you've been through lately.

      Delete
  5. I'm hoping I'm the Stephen on your list and that you've received my card for Margaret. I hope you reach your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my one and only Stephen. Thank you for the card!

      Delete
  6. If you don't know a DeAnna, and the one you got is from Michigan, then that is one of my friends :) She told me she mailed hers. Is the Denise one from Michigan, too? I also have a friend Denise that was going to send. Mine ought to be arriving soon. I hope you get those 62 more cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, thank you for sending DeAnna and Denise my way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine went out today. You should see it by Wednesday or Thursday... that is if your postal people work like I do... otherwise maybe Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so excited to see a full PO box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your email address - dumped first wife!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought about changing it (it's what I called my blog at first), but I've gotten used to it and it amuses me.

      Delete
  11. I had two to send, one from me and one from a friend. Now, I either mailed them and forgot about it or lost the cards. So, tomorrow, I will go get two more unless I find those two tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got mine. Hopefully the nude pictures I included were in line with what you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a lady of leisure today. I promise I'll get the card and mail it off. Of course, that means putting on a bra and getting in the car (in that order). But I've GOT TO, MISTER!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm staying home today, too. I need to finish my Christmas decorating, which is coming along beautifully, sans bra.

      Delete
    2. Hey...I put on a bra AND mailed the card yesterday! A twofer!!!

      Delete
    3. I am very impressed. I didn't do either one of those things yesterday, but I swear I will today. I need to go back to the PO.

      Delete
  14. Hope you get mine soon I do hope you manage to get the full 80 cards you want to get

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it won't take too long, Jo-Anne. Besides, I can send the cards in two batches if there are late arrivals.

      Delete
  15. Hi Janie .. mine sent too - which I hope arrives from 'sunny' England! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll watch for it, Hilary. It's actually sunny and rather warm here in Florida. We've been getting some chilly weather. Of course, we think it's chilly when it gets down to 60 degrees.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.