Sunday, December 15, 2013

TODAY'S NEWS TOMORROW

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

The meaning behind the title of this post is that you'll get today's news tomorrow, which should be Monday because as far as I know, today is Sunday.

After I go to the post office tomorrow, I'll tell you how many cards we have. We won't be up to 80 yet, but no need to fret. More cards are in the mail, and I have lots of extra birthday cards. I can ask my neighbors to sign cards and ask all the servers at the local restaurant that Willy Dunne Wooters and I haunt.

I'm going to mail the cards, along with my Christmas present for Margaret, on the 20th. I'll use priority mail so everything is there before Christmas. If I receive some cards after the 20th, I'll send them along as I get them.

Of course, the giveaway has ended. Tomorrow, when I tell you how many cards we have, I'll also announce the winners.

Hang in there everybody! For those of you who have snow, don't give yourself a heart attack shoveling. It was kind of warm and sticky here. Then it rained yesterday evening and most of the night. It cooled off some.

We had a tiny cold snap recently. Harper started growing a winter coat. Then it warmed up, and he started losing the winter coat. His fur doesn't know what to do.

See ya tomorrow!


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

26 comments:

  1. We had a husky like that. She was ALWAYS blowing her coat. Can't wait to see how close you got... such a fun idea!!

    And no Tony's were harmed in shoveling the rainy wintry mix we had, honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you have The Society for The Protection of Tonys on hand to keep him safe?

      Delete
  2. I hope lots of people send you cards for Margaret--I think what you're doing is VERY nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might not have 80 by the 20th, but we'll be very close. I won't have any problem closing the gap.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's nice, but doing it is making me just as happy as I hope receiving the cards will make Margaret.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad the cards are still rolling in. Hopefully you'll get to 80!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll get to 80 if I have to sign a few cards with pseudonyms and write with my left hand. Willy Dunne Wooters can sign a card, too, and so can Harper and Franklin.

      Delete
  4. Had a "cold snap", did ya? Plunged all the way down to 75, did it?

    I hope you come real close to your target number of 80 cards. (That really is a sweet thing for you to do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I think we might have gotten down in the fifties, or even a little chillier at night. I can still deal with the cool weather, but Willy Dunne Wooters and Favorite Young Man have gone native and want it to be 80 degrees all the time.

      Delete
  5. No snow here in Portland but so cold we didn't venture out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's nice to stay in the house and have a cozy, relaxing day.

      Delete
  6. Crazy Florida weather. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadie is having the same issue with her fur. I hope she loves the cards such a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm positive she'll be delighted about the cards.

      Delete
  8. Dear Janie, you've certainly done a yeoman's job with regard to birthday cards for your mother-in-law. I hope they raise her spirits and help her appreciate all the good she's done during her life. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cold snap… lol
    We had some snow, then it melted, then it rained… and now I'm not sure what's going. Glad the cards are still coming in ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know at least another 6 -10 are in the mail. I can come up with the rest.

      Delete
  10. Snow? We definitely got snow. I got a full 8 inches Friday night. Of snow.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got more than 8 and it doesn't even snow where I live. HA! Take that!

      Delete
  11. I got the third card in the mail today. Don't ask me what I did with #4! But, it will be along to PO tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am excited to know how many card you managed to get I hope you make the 80 mark. The snow you can have all to yourself although right now my legs are cool maybe I should turn the a/c off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't have any snow where I live, Jo-Anne. We had some rain over the weekend, though.

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you will manage to get enough cards by hook or crook. I sent the one and completely forgot to send another one. I would have had to make one and I've been busy getting out my Christmas cards. So sorry! I'm sure she will appreciate all the effort! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, Lovely Rita. The card situation is under control.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.