Tuesday, November 8, 2022

KEEP AMERICA FREE FROM RON DESANTIS

 


Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

I voted blue in a red state, but I didn't vote today. I voted as early as I could. If you haven't voted yet, however, it isn't too late for you. It's election day, and it's a very important election indeed.

After I finished work yesterday, I went for a walk around the neighborhood and saw a DeSantis yard sign. It proclaimed KEEP FLORIDA FREE

I'd certainly like to keep Florida free––free from the hypocrisy of Ron DeSantis. This is a man, who as a representative in Congress, voted against relief funds to assist victims of Hurricane Sandy, yet as governor went after funds for Hurricane Ian assistance. What will he do the next time people need help?

WHAT WILL HE DO IF HE BECOMES PRESIDENT? 

He hasn't announced that he's running, but it's clear he has plans. He left the state to attend a fundraiser in 2021 after 98 people were killed in the collapse of a condominium building in Miami. That's how much he cares about Florida.

Ron DeSantis is also cracking down on voter fraud, which includes having some people arrested although they were told they could vote and received voter registration cards. I don't know how many arrests have occurred to date, but what else will he do to suppress votes?

I got the bivalent COVID booster shot on Saturday. Ron is vaccinated, yet his merch discourages vaccination. When COVID was at its worst, he banned masks in Florida schools.

And I will not forget the use of our state funds to commit fraud. Ron DeSantis had 48 asylum seekers taken from a shelter in Texas to Martha's Vineyard in mid-September. 

"When he laid out his immigration plans at a December news conference, DeSantis teased Martha’s Vineyard as a potential destination, saying, 'It’s somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but it is true, if you sent (them) to Delaware or Martha’s Vineyard or some of these places, the border would be secure the next day.'”*

I'm sure DeSantis and his buddy Greg Abbott had a lovely cackle together over these wasted resources, but the good people of the Vineyard––in spite of having no warning––banded together to feed and shelter the migrants, who were then allowed to stay in the U.S. because of the crime committed against them when they were told that if they got on the flight to Massachusetts, jobs and housing awaited them. In fact, a number of employers in Florida were upset that people weren't brought to our state where workers are desperately needed. 

HOW DID ALL THAT WORK OUT FOR YOU, RON?

So I write to you today for a grander reason that not wanting Ron DeSantis to continue to be the governor of Florida. 

I do not want this fraudster to end up as our president.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

*https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/16/politics/marthas-vineyard-miSogrants-shelter-desantis/index.html












20 comments:

  1. It all needs to be said. And said. And said. And said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I will not stop saying it because I am a persistent bitch.

      Delete
  2. All great ones, Janie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regulate dick not JANE! bwahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!!

    My condolences for having the governor you do. Opps, I should hold my tongue...if Shapiro doesn't win, we'll have a even more evil one then yourselves.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have everything crossed for you and your country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (dr.) oz the snake oil salesman... scares the heck out of me and the people who vote for him... he lies. But then we Arizona, have 2 of the worse people? running for Governor and the House. HELP !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like all the Republicans can run are fraudsters and assholes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their candidates are not the smartest and best educated in many cases.

      Delete
  7. I also voted blue in a red state. I have peeked at results and there have been some positives from what I could gather. Didn't sound like the huge red wave that they expected. I'll know more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not a red wave, but a lot of close races.

      Delete
  8. It speaks volumes about the people of Florida that they just gave DeSantis a resounding victory. This can only embolden his presidential aspirations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely makes his next run easier for him. Losing the governor's race would have put a hitch in his giddy-up.

      Delete
  9. Preach, Janie! As a mother of two daughters, I could not FATHOM supporting anyone taking away their rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The majority of Americans support a woman's right to control over her own body, yet the misogynists are getting their way in too many states and trump's supreme court justices let them do it.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.