Wednesday, September 17, 2014

SHECKY SHADY GAVE ME THE SUNFLOWER AWARD

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

Earlier this summer, Shecky Shady, a.k.a. Shady Del Knight of Shady Dell Music & Memories, presented me with The Sunflower Blogger Award.


I was happy to accept such an honor, but I put off writing this post because I'd just gotten into mosh pits. The kind for old people, where we bump each other with our wheelchairs. I got my finger pinched one day and haven't been back to the pit.

When Sir Shady received this award, he answered a list of questions sent to him by his accusers friends, and then he created a list of questions for the bloggers on whom he bestowed the award. I'm not going to pass on the award to anyone else, unless someone wants it. In the mood for an award? It's yours.

However, I shall answer Sir Shady's questions:

* Why do you blog?

It's my therapy.
Talking to a therapist never helped me.
I'm much happier now that I dump my problems on the entire world.


* Are you an early riser or a night owl?

Sometimes I seem to be an early riser, but it's because I never went to bed.
 I like the quiet of the night.
I accomplish so much.

* What is your favorite smell?

The late, great smooth collie Faulkner had a comfort scent that can't be replicated. 
He didn't smell like a dog.
Maybe he smelled like an angel.

* When you are feeling sad what's the one song
you could play or sing to make you feel happy again?









* When you look in the mirror, what do you see?

This young girl still lives inside me.




* How would you describe your personality?

Although I believe everything happens for a reason,






* Name something difficult you accomplished 
in your life through sheer determination.

X and I moved around a lot so he could get degrees and have a career.
It took me twenty years to get my BA in English,
but I did it.
Education means a lot to me.

* What do you consider to be the most important world
or national event that has taken place in your lifetime?

The births of my children.
Other people might not think they are world or national events, 
but to me, nothing can be more important.

* If you had to spend the rest of your life in a different
century, past or future, which century would you choose?

I'm sorry.
I can't choose.
I live in the moment.
I live with my past.
I can't leave.


* If you were asked to speak extemporaneously for
one hour about anything, what topic would you pick?

My children.

So, there you have it. I done did answered the questions, and I thank Shady Del Knight for the very nice award.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

42 comments:

  1. My children are the most important thing, also. My ex got his education and I was supposed to be next. However, he thwarted all my attempts. Then, I earned two BAs and the MA. He always feared I would get a PhD, my ultimate goal. No, I don't want an award since I have two I have not passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, dear Janie Junebug!

    Heck, if I'd known there was a bikini picture in it for me I'd have given you the award a lot sooner! (BA-DUM-BUMP)

    Thank you for answering my questions, dear friend, and for plugging Shady Dell Music & Memories. Your answers reveal interesting things about you and I appreciate your candor. The answer your wrote about your favorite smell grabbed me right in the heart. I love dog people, real dog people, the kind who form a bond with their their pets and deeply love them the way I loved mine. I wish I could have been there, snuggled close to Faulkner and breathed in that comfort scent. No perfume made by man can match the familiar smell of someone or something that loves you unconditionally.

    Thank you again for accepting this well deserved award and for taking the time to reply in the form of a post. Keep blogging, dear Janie. The world needs what you have to offer. I need you.

    By the way,I read your reply to Cherdo's comment the other day and I'm down with your idea for the three of us to move in together and play Three's Company. Can I have the role of Chrissy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you love me because I am a true dog person. I loved it when X got out of bed to go to work and Faulkner took his place. You are the definitive Chrissy.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the award. I think I've seen the old person mosh pit you describe, isn't that the subject of the movie Murderball? That also might be the first time I've heard someone describe "dog" as their favorite smell. Your education answer is inspiring. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but Faulkner didn't smell like a dog. He smelled like Faulkner.

      Delete
  4. Janie, I definitely get the impression that you are crazy about your kids. You are right, not a national even, but earthshaking to us, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never love anyone else the way I love those two young people. They are intelligent and talented and beautiful.

      Delete
  5. I know your children must be proud of you too. You are quite a character and it is always fun to read you blog and the way you approach it and, I imagine, your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inger. I don't think my children are particularly proud of me. They avoid me. I love them, but I was not a very good parent.

      Delete
  6. When I had a Walkman, you know a few years ago, Tubthumping was the first song on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. Questions such as these help us learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, accomplish lots in the quiet of the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we lived in the same place, we could have breakfast at midnight.

      Delete
  9. I envy your children. You sound just like a loving mother should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them very much, but I am not a good parent and never have been.

      Delete
  10. Insightful answers, you sexy young thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those were some great questions and even better answers! I especially liked your answer to the mirror question. I might not always see the girl I used to be but she's still there. Probably always will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will always have those girls with us. They keep us company and remind us of who we were before the world got their hands on us.

      Delete
  12. Nice job on your award. Must be really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the kind of comment and reply that makes me wish I'd found out about you and your blog a lot sooner. Or, I guess, you finding us a lot sooner (let's give credit where credit is due).

      I too accomplish more at night, I love the smell of my Yoki (temperamental shiba inu), and I don't think awards are exciting in the slightest. In fact, the last time we "accepted" an award I think we did it so snarkily and so backhandedly that we've now been banned from ever receiving another blog award again. Now THAT'S exciting!

      I know you're down in the dumps and taking a little blog break, but just know that we're both pulling for you and we'll be here when you return.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! Well deserved. I enjoyed your answers, too, especially the one about living in the moment. I think I'm starting to come around on that line of thinking, too.

    A cat with good grooming habits smells surprisingly nice - vaguely minty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have three cats. They never had a definable odor. Minty is nice. I want to make it clear that I live in the moment with everything from my past. All the stuff about leaving your baggage behind and just living in the moment is bullshit. I am me at this moment because of everything that has happened in my past.

      Delete
  14. Okay, back to Three's Company...if Shady plays Crissy, somehow I know I'd be stuck playing Jack.

    There was no place to comment on your post about the passing of your friend's husband. I'm so sad with you; that's what friends do. You and your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love, Cherdo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assumed I'd have to play Jack so I didn't say that was my part. I'm not sure now that I want to let Shady be Chrissy. Why can't we (as in you and me) both be Chrissy?

      Delete
  15. La-di-da la-di-da la-la! Darn skippy, my lovely fellow night owl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Yeah. I enjoy inviting others to share my misery.

      Delete
  17. I want to say sorry about your friend. You are doing the right thing for her, I want to say that too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog doesn't let me make a second comment on a post. Nobody puts baby in the corner!

    Well played, my friend...well played. I agree to co-Crissy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Shady he could be Chrissy, but I can tell him I changed my mind. We out-vote him. We have to stick together so we can afford the drummer.

      Delete
  19. I'm also allergic to mornings. This came in very handy when I was carpooling my kids to school. I love that you're so proud of your kids, and I'm sure you're not giving yourself enough credit.

    On another note, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's husband. It sounds like you have been a huge comfort to her.

    Take care,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I stopped in on Monday and couldn't comment, so I thought I'd come back. I arrived today and also couldn't comment, so I backed up. I should've been here on Wednesday! I hope you found oodles of shoes. And I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I loved the video here. That song always makes me sing along.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.