Friday, March 16, 2012

FRIDAY BONUS POST: I ANSWER THE FRISKY VIRGIN'S QUESTIONS



That friskiest of frisky virgins has tagged me. So for a bonus weekend post, I'm going to answer her questions because they intrigue me and I like that lady. 

My Questions (I’m going with whimsy, here):

  1. If you could have the choice of one superpower, what would it be and why? X-ray Vision? No. Faster than a speeding bullet? No. I have to say the opportunity and ability to help people, because whenever we help someone, we're putting the power for good to use. I believe goodness is a superpower.
  2. Which Harry Potter movie is your favorite?  Why? D.H. II. Why? It's the last one. It's so well made. It's perfection. It made me sniffle the most. I'm starting to sniffle again right now, thinking about it, but I swear it's allergies.
  3. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite?  Why? H.P. and The Half-Blood Prince because (sniffle) it's so heartbreakingly beautiful (little sob) at Dumbledore's funeral. Oooooooo, Dumbledore, I miss you so. Snape. Snape. We didn't know then. We didn't understand. Oh, Snape. Snape and Dumbledore. Sob. Sob. Sniffle. Sniffle. Sniffle. Pardon me. I need to grab the box of Kleenex from my bathroom. Yes, my allergies are that bad.
  4. Do you believe in parallel universes? Why or why not? No, I don't believe in parallel universes because I don't see any evidence of them. But maybe Harry Potter's Wizarding World in Orlando is a parallel universe? Maybe? If I ever get there, I'll let you know. It's only a couple of hours away, beckoning me, but the tickets are expensive, the crowds (tremble) large, and the heat oppressive.
  5. Do you think aliens exist?  If so, are they E.T. kind orIndependence Day mean? No, I don't believe they exist, but if they did they would be Close Encounters of the Third Kind musical and welcoming.
  6. What’s the first thought that jumps into your mind when you see the word Disney? Taking my kids to Disneyland when The Hurricane was a toddler. She went on a ride with her daddy. My son and I were behind them and the whole time I could hear her saying "Wheeeee." It was a joyful noise unto the Lord.
  7. Assuming it’s true, and we only know about 10-15% of the ocean’s inhabitants, what do you hope is down there that we have yet to find? Atlantis
  8. What is your favorite movie score? This question is surprisingly difficult. I feel I should choose a musical. Choosing a musical is obvious, but I think I'm going to pick the score from Jaws because that "duh-duh" music does so much to enhance the film. One time for a film class I watched the beginning of Jaws without the sound on. Then I watched it with the sound. It was SO much more frightening with the music. If you've never seen it, without the music, you would have no idea that the girl in the water will diiiiiiiiie.
  9. If you found yourself living with seven tiny men, what would their names be? David. I can't get away from men named David, so every single one would be David.
  10.  A big blue genie grants you one particular wish: Change the world into any imaginary world you’ve either read in a book or seen in a film.  Which world would you choose and why? The world of Harry Potter, of course. But if I were a muggle, I would be like Hermione and receive my letter from Hogwarts.
  11. If you could pick one literary or film character and bring him to life to be your soul mate, who would it be and why? This question is very difficult. My obvious answer is Harry or Hermione, but when I think of Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, it sets my heart afire. And when I think about Colin Firth playing him in the mini-series, my entire body goes up in flames. The problem is that I want to live in Harry and Hermione's world; I don't want to live when people didn't have nice toothpaste and go to the dentist regularly and died from strep throat. I'm fussy that way. If I can educate Mr. Darcy enough to live in the present, then I take Mr. Darcy. SIGH


I'm not going to tag anyone because people hardly ever do these when I tag them, and I can't handle the rejection now or in the past or in the future. Rather, I'll say that if you feel intrigued by the questions -- and I don't know why you wouldn't be -- then go ahead and answer them and give The Frisky Virgin a shout out for creating them.


13 comments:

  1. As I sit here with a lovely sinus infection (thank you, Mother Nature, for treating a fellow single gal so cruelly with your infinite weather changes), I can tell you I thoroughly enjoyed every single one of your answers. They made me smile, even though smiling kind of hurts at the moment. Damn sinuses.

    I'm watching Prisoner of Azkaban on ABC Family right now (it's a big HP weekend), and I tell you, I miss the days of waiting for the next big movie or book. I really wish it could go on forever.

    I just loved your Disney answer, too! I literally "awwww'd" out loud.

    Ooooh, Jaws theme. *shivers* Yes, iconic.

    Mr. Darcy. Yum. Colin Firth. Double yum.

    LOVED all of your answers, and I love the superpower you chose! Thank you for answering them. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just guessing here but I think I caught you are a Harry Potter fan? lol I hope you are having a great weekend my friend! This was an interesting post. i learned some new stuff about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww, Frisky, thank you. So sorry about the sinuses. Miserable.

    Melynda, I'm just wild about Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'll play. First a big thank you to The Frisky Virgin for creating these:

    1) just one? Aww but being Spider-Man would just rock. Ok, I'll choose invulnerablility because standing there and laughing while the bad guys try to shoot me sounds like a riot.

    2&3) Harry Potter and te Goblet of Fire. A high point of the series in both mediums.

    4) Yes. I think the theory behind them is sound, and I love the idea of somewhere out there being a version of me who Zigged when I zagged. Would love to compare notes with him.

    5) Yes. Although I think most of them are probably just bacteria. I'd prefer ET because I don't think we'd get lucky and find the ID4 aliens using Mac compatible computers.

    6) I have kids so: Expensive.

    7) I agree with Steve Alten: Megalodons.

    8) Conan the Barbarian

    9) I don't know what their names would be, but their nicknames would be "Don't bother me". Was never big on the whole roommate thing.

    10) The Marvel Universe.

    11) probably one of the characters from Kill Bill. Sure I wouldn't last long, but it wouldn't be boring.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick, I enjoyed your answers -- especially never big on the roommate thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for inviting me. I've always been interested in Atlantis. So many possibilities as to where it is. I hope it's never really found. It, like Hogwarts, lives in the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, Sir Stephen. It's o.k. if Atlantis isn't discovered during my lifetime, but I have to stay alive and alert long enough for Sylvia Plath's sealed trunk to be opened. God, please let the final journal and the other novel be in the trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already live with four men. But if I could pick a fifth, his name would be Nikolai. :)

    OK.. on to check out what you've been doing over here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. #8 - The beginning of TOP GUN! Best ever.
    #9 - My middle name is David.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juli, Nikolai?

    Coffey, Yeah, the entire score for Top Gun is great. Is David REALLY your middle name?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I love how you answered these--especially number one which was so wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the name Nikolai, and Nicholas seems so... plain. Doesn't matter though, I'm not having any more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.