Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WISH LIST XII

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me

Twelve million dollars to help the homeless
Eleven million dollars for homeless pets
Ten million dollars to stop slavery around the world
Nine million dollars to promote literacy
Eight million dollars for health insurance for those who don't have any
Seven million dollars for textbooks
Six million dollars for Habitat for Humanity
Five million dollars to feed the hungry
Four million dollars for the ACLU
Three million dollars for a greener world
Two million dollars for underpaid Wal-Mart workers
And a one million dollar prize for the person with the best idea to help humankind.


And after the twelve days were up and all the money had been distributed I sold my Birkin bags and Hermes scarves and every other worthless thing I had that was valuable to somebody else and I gave the money to my church to help people live in a world without end, Amen.


Idealistic? Yes. Impractical? Yes. But if we don't try, then who will? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.