Tuesday, December 28, 2010

WHEN I RUN FOR PRESIDENT

Gentle Readers,

When people run  for president, they're always talking about who they want to be like because it's never good enough to just be yourself. Nothing can simply be what it is. The names I hear coming up the most often are Lincoln, Truman, and Reagan, and we get an occasional Rooseveltian, Teddy or Franklin.

Well, when I run for president, I'm going to say I want to be like Calvin Coolidge.

When Coolidge was president, the United States was not in debt; we had a surplus of bucks. Coolidge answered his own telephone and he took a nap every afternoon. He sent his sons to the same prep school more recently attended by Lola's Favorite Young Woman (sadly, one of them died from an infected blister he got while playing tennis on the court at the White House - no penicillin then).

Also, he was known as Silent Cal Coolidge for a reason. He knew better than to run his mouth. Now that could be tough for Your Lola, but when I run for president, I will do my best to be just like Calvin Coolidge.

Coolidge's Dinner Companion: Mr. President, I made a bet that I could get you to say more than two words.


Coolidge: You lose.


Infinities of love,


Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.