Friday, December 3, 2010

WISH LIST III

Gentle Readers,

Before we continue with today's portion of Lola's Twelve Days of Christmas, I'd like to recommend the perfect gift:  The Amazon Gift Card Sent By Email, which you can also send by Facebook or print out and hand to someone. Or buy an actual Amazon Gift Card and tuck it in some lucky person's stocking or Christmas card. In case you haven't noticed, I loves me my books. Oh, and my sister says to get Barbra Streisand's My Passion for Design. There's also a Deluxe Limited Edition, in case you're a bit of a big spender. Anyway, it's not a good idea to cross my big sister, so I recommend you follow her recommendation.

Now, what will my true love give me next?

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me
Three Maytag appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher)
Two storm doors
And a handy man with no plumber butt.


And if the handy man gets really handy and uses his hands just right, it could lead to a holy night of Christmas bliss.

Infinities of love,

Lola

2 comments:

  1. I've always liked Maytag, too, but I have to say I'm not all that impressed with our Maytag dishwasher. The racks are already rusting, and despite using appropriate dishwasher cleaning products and rinse aids, the dishes just don't seem to be getting as clean as they should lately.

    We had our prior, used, dishwasher for over 10 years (it was probably 25 years old by the time we sold it at a yard sale for someone else to use for another 10 years) and it always did a fine job.

    We've had this one fewer than 8 years and it's already crapping out on us.

    "They just don't make 'em like they used to."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart breaks upon hearing this sad news. I had a Maytag dishwasher in another time, another place, for 12 years, and it was wonderful. Still going strong when I had to bid it farewell. I simply do not comprehend the rusting of your racks. So sad, so sad. I currently have a Frigidaire dishwasher, which is difficult to get going. It doesn't want to wake up. But once it does, it gets the dishes nice and clean since I started using Finish Powerball, which I think would be too expensive to be practical if you wash dishes frequently, and of course you do because you have children. I, on the other hand, run my dishwasher two or three x/week, and I buy my Finish when it's on sale and I have a coupon so I get it at a reasonable price (though still expensive for dishwasher detergent, but I love it because it does such a beautiful job). How my dishes sparkle and shine. I could hang my crystal on the Christmas tree and it would look like beautiful ornaments. Anyway, I think you should write to Maytag and give them hell because your racks absolutely should not be rusting.
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.