Sunday, June 29, 2014

MARGARITAVILLE UPDATE

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

I had two lovely strawberry margaritas last night in a restaurant. I'm not much of a drinker, so Willy Dunne Wooters had to help me walk to the car afterwards.

I also had broccoli and a small steak.



Willy Dunne Wooters knew he was in trouble. He worked quite hard to dig himself out of the grave he was in. I've been picking on him since the moment he arrived yesterday. He now understands how he could have helped during the refrigerator emergency, which remains a story for another day.

Our BULLY FOR YOU guest postess for tomorrow is my darling friend Vebbie, who blogs at Nicky Elson's Not-So-Deep Thoughts. I don't know why her blog isn't called Vebarino's Very Deep Thoughts.

For those of you who threatened to form a lynching party because Willy Dunne Wooters done hurt my feelings, please don't bother yourselves. He has already made amends. However, I shall inform him that he came quite close to facing the wrath of some vicious pit bull-type bloggers. He is sleeping next to me at the moment, and snoring to beat the band.

Last night we watched the last episode of season two of Orange Is The New Black. We agreed that season two was even better than season one, especially the last half dozen episodes.

This evening will find us glued to PBS at 8 p.m. EST for the first episode of season two of Last Tango In Halifax. Willy Dunne Wooters says that the romance in Tango reminds him of us because the characters so clearly adore one another.

That Willy Dunne Wooters.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

P.S. I forgot to say that the extremely cute and young yard guy was here earlier this afternoon. The sight of him always cheers me up. I had to go out in my nightie to talk to him. Next time I think I'll try a naked chat and see if he gets the hint.

25 comments:

  1. WDW knows that when the lady is pissed, give her a good frigging and all will be forgiven. Way to go WDW. We men are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, pray tell, is a "frigging"? If it means getting down on his knees to apologize and then taking me out for a nice dinner, then yes, it was a very nice frigging evening.

      Delete
  2. We're just now getting into "Orange is the New Black" and we're enjoying it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We binge watch it. The only problem with watching so many episodes so quickly is that some facts and characters don't stick in our heads. I had to read a recap of season one when we started season two because we couldn't remember who Polly was, along with a few plot points.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure the illustrious Willy Dunne Wooters is well aware that your blogger brigade has your back, dear Janie. We love you and care about you. Your happiness is ours and so is your sadness. Apparently, you and Mr. Wooters got something straight between you last night and that always helps. :) (Sorry about that.)

    Hey, I hope you watched the Fargo miniseries. It's an A+ show. If you already posted about it and I forgot - well, oh yah, aw geez, you betcha, okie dokie then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ya know, anyways, we watched the first episode of the Fargo miniseries, and it just didn't grab us. But yah, sure, we're glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. WDW chastised and the handsome yard fellow all in the same day. Who could ask for anything more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chastising the handsome yard guy with a very gentle spanking could be fun.

      Delete
  5. Orange is the New Black is the next thing I'm going to watch on Netflix. I don't know...it had gotten kind of violent toward the end and I can't stomach violent shows. So if it gets that bad in season 2, I'll have to stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Season 2 is violent at times. I'm not sure what your limit is. I hope you'll be able to watch.

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on Last Tango in Halifax. One of the best dramas in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have a multi-generational show, and the older folks aren't made out to be idiots who can't do anything.

      Delete
  7. The suspense for this refrigerator thing is really building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be as big as The Blog Roll Debacle of 2014.

      Delete
  8. Glad all is well now! I don't know what Orange is about about, but I have been hearing it so much I'm going to read up and see if I'm interested. I might start watching, or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful that you don't read spoilers by accident.

      Delete
  9. So glad it worked out for you... and that you got the margaritas... double win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew what you meant. Willy Dunne Wooters had to do more than that to make amends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw Orange when I was in my snow coma during the mini ice age. Must watch season 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must. Hurry--before someone accidentally tells you what happens, like the story of Red and . . .

      Oopsie! Not me. I shan't reveal a thing.

      Delete
  12. Ok I have never had a margarita they always look nice and yummy but have never had one so don't know if I would like them or not. I can tell you I know I don't like broccoli but I love steak, scotch fillet steak is my favourite, oh and I have never seen Orange it is shown here but I have never watched it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A traditional margarita is a bit sour and has a salt rim. I like sweet drinks that will cool me off during the summer, so I go for a frozen strawberry margarita with a sugar rim. It's delicious as long as it's not too strong. Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies.

      Delete
  13. Glad all is well and I loved the ending to Orange!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, dear friend. I've been catching up on all your posts that I've missed lately. I'm having a gigantic steak tomorrow (asparagus instead of broccoli), and ho-made cherry pie (cuz the ho made it).

    I loved Orange. It was awesome.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.