Wednesday, May 14, 2014

SENIOR PROM: A JANIE JUNEBUG PUBLICATION

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

A couple of my blogger friends, including The Chubby Chatterbox and Shelly of La Tejana, have written pieces for a cute online seniors' magazine (it's seniors in high school, right? 'cause we can't be senior citizens). I read their articles with pride and commented on them, but I admit, it bothered me a bit that I hadn't been published, other than on my blog, in a while.

This photo is from my senior prom.
Which girl do you think I am?

Then I received an invitation to write for the online magazine. I felt pretty darn pleased. I wrote a little somethin' somethin' that I titled "Senior Prom". It's the true story of how I met Willy Dunne Wooters.



You can find it at http://retirementandgoodliving.com/senior-prom/.

I will love you forever, not that I don't already, if you will read my article and leave a positive comment. I'd like to be invited back to Retirement and Good Living, and maybe even pop up in some other publications as well.

If you're only capable of leaving a negative comment, then please don't go. If you have a neutral comment, then I guess it's up to you.



But I'd like positive comments ever so much!


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug




A big thank you to everyone who read the guest post by Favorite Young Man and Steph. If you missed it, you can find it

HERE.

29 comments:

  1. I'm off to check out your guest post. looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your piece and left a comment there! I really enjoyed reading it and it is a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. You are cooperative except when I want to do something nice for you. Your mantra should be "I must learn to accept gifts".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you the girl in yellow? Okay, I commented over there. I hope it is okay. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I have to go check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! My adorability level is at an all-time high.

      Delete
  7. I shall read and comment, 'tis the least I can do. Hopefully you'll be invited back. Wait, you want a "positive" comment? Uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a good boy. I followed instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have a piece of candy, and, no, I don't mean a woman named Candy.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed the article, Janie!
    I had a positive comment in me, who knew? Now on to Favorite Young Man's post . . . (Yes, I'm stalking you today!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think my first comment went through, so now there are two comments from me on that post! Loved it, and so happy for you. XOXO
    Stephanola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanola! I love seeing your face again.

      Delete
  11. The true story of how you met Willy Dunne Wooters? I have to read that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. It's true. I actually thought he looked like Captain Kangaroo.

      Delete
  12. Was already over there. ;)
    I had never heard that song by Queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. I looked it up when two people mentioned it in comments.

      Delete
  13. Whoohooo!!!! I'm headed over there now~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoohoooo for you, Shelly! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's actually letting me comment on this post, ohmygosh! I'm going to make a donation for the fundraiser and if they would like to write a guest post for my blog, I would gladly put it up for them. Diabetes runs in the family and I have hypoglycemia that is controlled by my diet so it means a lot to me personally.

    Also, I'm heading over now to read your guest post. If possible, I will leave a comment. I can't tell how exactly my phone will behave though so I'm hoping for some luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll ask them about a guest post, but I don't know if they're still raising funds. Favorite Young Man just texted me that he finished the ride and got hit by a car on his way home. He went to the ER and says he's okay.

      Delete
  16. I finally headed over...glad to have read the story! :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andi Panda. I have fabric paint in a multitude of colors. I'm going to get some sponges and cut them and use them to paint the chairs however I want.

      Delete
  17. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Personal Senior Care Homes

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.