Someone gave me pink tulips for my birthday on February 23rd. I adore them. Here they are in the kitchen:
I'll post a photo of the tulips in a different spot in my house every day this week because they don't like to stay put. They want to see my world.
The tulips are such a beautiful present, and now I want to offer you the opportunity to win a present.
Can you guess who gave me the tulips?
- For every guess you make in the comments section of my blog, you get one entry. If you get the right answer, then you get ten entries. I will appreciate it ever so much if you will restrict yourself to one guess per day. You can guess every day this week. Guessing ends at midnight on Saturday, March 7th, EDT. If no one figures out who gave me the tulips, then I'll give you a clue each day, starting tomorrow.
- If you don't want to guess, but you want to make a comment, please go right ahead.
- If someone guesses who the giver is, I won't reveal that the answer is correct so that everyone can continue to guess.On Sunday, I'll put the names from the comments in a hat or a jar or something, and I'll pick a name, or maybe Franklin will draw the name. The person whose name is drawn will receive a gift from me and the person who gave me the tulips.
- This contest is limited to the U.S. and Canada because I simply cannot afford to ship the present half-way around the world.
- The present will be a surprise. I won't reveal what it is until I'm ready to send it. If you are the winner and you don't want the prize, I'll draw another name.
- I'll announce the winner on Monday, March 9th. If you are the winner and you want the gift, you have forty-eight hours to let me know your name and address. I will not reveal your personal information other than your blogging name. For example, if I won, then I would say that Janie Junebug won the gift.
Do you have any questions? I might have left out some vital information, such as WHO GAVE ME THE PINK TULIPS?
Let the guessing begin.
|A close-up of the tulips,still visiting the kitchen.|
Infinities of love,
Was it Shady?ReplyDelete
No, but we should consider Mrs. Shady, who is pleased I keep Shady so busy online.Delete
They are beautiful. Linda Kay sent them.ReplyDelete
No, but that's a nice guess.Delete
Leaping lizards, Janie Junebug, those tulips are beautiful! Somebody loves you big time. I think I remember you saying that WDW isn't the gifting type, so I'm gonna rule him out along with Brian Griffin, Archduke Ferdinand of Austria and Marvin the Tap-Dancing Horse.ReplyDelete
My official guess is that FYM (Favorite Young Man) gave you those flowers!
Happy Monday, dear friend Janie!
Nice guess. Thanks for trying.Delete
Isn't there a fine young man who might have given you flowers...? I seem to recall you mentioning him but not the name. That would be my first guess. Lovely flowers.ReplyDelete
Perhaps you are thinking of my son, Favorite Young Man. No.Delete
It was WDW, right? Wait a second, that would be too easy. It was Special Young Man? I might be crossing my blogs here, everyone has these different pet names for the anonymous people in their life so I get confused. Fun contest. I love when fellow bloggers get all generous.ReplyDelete
"Special" Young Man amuses me because it suggests he took the short bus to school.Delete
I think of all the people in your life we know of and cannot decide who to pick. So, another happy birthday, and we'll all enjoy the tulips.ReplyDelete
Okay, my first guess is WDW.ReplyDelete
The Wooters man does not do the gift thing.Delete
Lovely pink tulips, Janie! I'd have several guesses, but first one would be WDW! Next would be that son, then maybe the Hurricane!ReplyDelete
No, no, and no.Delete
Happy belated birthday, my sweet friend! I hope it was as wonderful as you. And my guess? Hmmm. The Dowager Countess?ReplyDelete
Wouldn't she send violets?Delete
Hmm, I'll save my obvious guess for later in the week. For this guess I say Middle Child.ReplyDelete
I have no idea who gave them to you, but I know it's not me. So my guess is "not me." Feel free to give me zero entries for that brilliant deduction. They are beautiful, though. :)ReplyDelete
Correct: not you.Delete
They were given to you by someone who holds you in very high regard. Did I guess right?ReplyDelete
Dear Janie, many people might give you pink tulips to say thank you for being a woman who grows and changes and embraces life. I'm thinking that your daughter gave you these. Peace.ReplyDelete
That's a good guess, but no. However, she called on my birthday and we had a nice chat.Delete
1. Willy Dunne Wooters.ReplyDelete
2. The Hurricane
3. Fine Young Man
4. Shady Del Knight
That's all I got...
no no no noDelete
I'm a rebel...a loner...a rule breaker...a phone typer....Delete
A correction: My son is Favorite Young Man. I'm not sure how fine he is.Delete
They almost match your dish soap.ReplyDelete
I noticed that, too. I love coordinating colors.Delete
They're so pretty :DReplyDelete
Happy Belated Birthday, Janie!!!
Oh, and I'm going with favorite young man as the giver.
Thank you, but no.Delete
Those tulips are gorgeous. Have a great week.ReplyDelete
I say again, Linda Kay sent the tulips, (smile).ReplyDelete
No, but she's a pink tulip sort of person, isn't she?Delete
Yeah, Shady Del Knight. That's the ticket!ReplyDelete
Mrs. Shady wouldn't let you, and you know it, P.W.Delete
No guesses from me, but they sure are purty...ReplyDelete
Be sure to thank your florist.Delete
Nice tulips. They are so pretty. Makes me miss the warmer months.ReplyDelete
It will be warm again soon.Delete
Well I arrived late to the tulip party and see all of my guesses were "no" already...I would've guessed WDWReplyDelete
Definitely not WDW.Delete
WAIT!!!!! The last time I had tulips on my kitchen counter, I had bought them for myself, sooooooo...are them from you to you?!ReplyDelete
No. I don't like myself that much.Delete
These tulips are so pretty and I shall guess...George Clooney:)ReplyDelete
He wanted to send them, but his bride wouldn't allow it.Delete
Oh God, not the ex?!ReplyDelete
I'm trying to think of someone surprising. How about your ex-mother-in-law? Or your Ex?ReplyDelete
Ex-MIL is a good guess, but no. Ex? Have you lost your mind?Delete
A fish.....no, no, that's not it. Let me think.ReplyDelete
Jilda, It's time to put Rick in the dementia unit.Delete
Hi Janie .. if it was the Hurricane - there'd be no tulips left .. hurricaned away ... who did we send cards to for her special birthday .. oh no can't be her - because it looks like they were hand delivered ... Franklyn perhaps?? They are a wonderful colour though .. and lovely birthday thought - cheers HilaryReplyDelete
Franklin would give me tulips if he could go shopping or use the telephone.Delete
Was it me...............no it wasn'tReplyDelete
Was it the crazy person who lives across the road.................no
Maybe it was............yourself...............did you give yourself tulips..............
If it were you, I hope you'd remember. I don't have a crazy person across the road, as far as I know. Just the people who have a pig. I haven't purchased flowers in many years.Delete
I didn't read all the comments, so I don't know who guessed what. I'm going with the hot young guy who lives next door.ReplyDelete
Wouldn't it be nice?Delete