Saturday, April 16, 2011

BURLESQUE

Gentle Readers,

I watched Burlesque on DVD. Yeahnyah . . . I don't know. If you have nothing better to do and you want to watch something mindless, then I guess Burlesque would do.

Stanley Tucci's performance was a bright spot, but I could not believe I heard him utter the following line to a character named Coco who thought a good-looking guy was checking her out: Maybe he's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Puh-lease.

I always love seeing Cher and the dancing at the burlesque club was pretty good. Somewhat provocative, but at least the girls kept their tops on. Of course, Christina Aguilera is the star of the show and I thought her dancing was kind of Mouseketeer mechanical, but the young lady has quite a set of pipes.

All the bloggityblahblahblah when she flubbed a line while singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl was uncalled for. How many people can sing all the words to the National Anthem and get them exactly right? And then compound it by singing it in front of a kazillion people. It's not as if we sing The Star Spangled  Banner every day.

So watch Burlesque if you feel like it. It's up to you. I'm not telling you what to do on this one. I guess it's mostly for Aguilera fans.

As for dancing, I'd rather watch crazy skanky Britney Spears.

Infinities of love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.