Friday, April 9, 2010

SETTLEMENT COMPETITION

Gentle Readers,

I had a nice long talk with my lawyer today.

I think we're finally past all the fa-la-la lawyer crap with my husband's attorney and we're about to get down to business.

My lawyer actually seems to take me seriously. He says reaching a settlement is not like buying a used car. We aren't going to go back and forth with numbers. He says my husband's offer is way too low (I told ya so). He calculated what I should receive based on an established formula.

And that's that.

So there.

We have a hearing coming up in a few days and I believe we'll start to see some progress then. I'll keep you informed to the best of my ability, but I can't let you see my cards so no sneaking around to look over my shoulder.

Love,

Dumped First Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.