Wednesday, February 17, 2010

LAWYERS AND PC REPAIR PEOPLE

When I got my computer back from the repair place yesterday, the guy who fixed it showed me where my documents are.

BUT HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN THEM because my Microsoft Office is gone.

My husband sent me a nasty email this morning saying that if I don't cooperate and send in my Affidavit of Income and Expenses that the judge will order my house be sold.

Today I filled out my fourth Affidavit of Income and Expenses.

The first one went to my original lawyer, who claimed it never arrived.

I filled out another one.

It arrived, but the lawyer couldn't trouble herself with filing it. When I did what my husband told me to do with the lawyer, she got mad and quit.

When will I learn not to listen to that asshole?

When the old lawyer gave my file to the new lawyer I had to hire in another state, over the telephone, guess what? No Affidavit.

I had to call the old lawyer's assistant and ask her to give the Affidavit to the new lawyer. The assistant said, "Oh, we never followed through on that, remember?"

Yes, I remembered, and I did not scream at her. I asked her to give the Affidavit to the new lawyer, which she did.

New lawyer sends me the affidavit and wants it done again, with his questions answered and some corrections made. I do it and call to make sure he receives it.

Yes, Ms. Secretary says, We received it.

This past Saturday, I receive a letter from the lawyer. You never sent us the Affidavit I requested.

Yes I did. Your secretary said it arrived.

It must have been misfiled and so much time has gone by that you really should do another one anyway.

So today I fill out my fourth affidavit while frantically trying to access the financial information that was on the computer in the files that can no longer be opened.

Therefore, I am assigning lawyers and PC repair people to hell. If you are a lawyer or a PC repair person, you need to prove to me PDQ that you do not deserve to go there. Otherwise, I will use my mystical powers on you and yes, you will go straight to HELL.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. I'm a lawyer. But I'm nice. Really. Please don't send me to hell!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.