Friday, September 11, 2026

WE'RE WALKIN' HERE



Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

During the month of September, Princess, Alice, and I are walking at least a mile every day for an American Cancer Society fundraiser. If you are on Facebook and feel inclined to visit us there to make a donation, we would appreciate it.



You can go to https://www.facebook.com/janie.goltz.7/. I've pinned the fundraising post to the top of the page.

Walking the girls at the same time gives me some serious exercise. Princess walks beautifully at heel and serves as a mentor to Alice. Alice starts out walking on my left before she starts to bob and weave as if she's Ratso Rizzo in New York City traffic. Princess remains calm while Alice wanders and I get our new kid back into position.

I've lost some loved ones to cancer. Carol's daughter, DeeDee, whose birthday was the day before mine, was taken from us several years ago. It's a pain that doesn't leave Carol's heart.

Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug















10 comments:

  1. And I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dog with the side-eye!
    Good on you and the girls for walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy our walks and we'll enjoy them even more when it's a bit cooler.

      Delete
  3. The side eye from that dog is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the walks! I'll be sure to contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Janie, thank you so much for sharing these memes. Wonderful food for thought and smiles, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being here, Linda. The first location for my current job was close to a bit of water. I loved spending time with with the ducks and their fluffy babies.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.