Monday, July 1, 2019

SOMETHING TO ENJOY UNTIL I WRITE A REAL POST

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

In 1972, Bob Fosse choreographed and directed Liza with a "Z": A Concert for Television. I did not see it when it was on television originally, but a few years ago I asked Netflix if they would please send me the DVD of the concert. They obliged; I was enchanted.

I love the song that I'm asking Liza to sing for you today. She managed to go back in time and recreate a performance from her youth.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug



Take it away, Liza!





12 comments:

  1. Not a song I had ever heard. Thank you. Mind you, it obviously worked - I have never heard her called Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my older sisters in named Lisa. She used to complain that no one had heard of the name Lisa and that people called her Liza.

      Delete
  2. I remember watching this when it first appeared on TV. Liza has some amazing pipes! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does she do that so fast? What a cute song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how she did it. I can't do anything that fast.

      Delete
  4. I love Liza at the height of her talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had--and still has--a large, bumpy nose and an unusual look. She was beautiful without having plastic surgery and being perfect.

      Delete
  5. I saw this when it first aired and haven't seen it since. But I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I finally saw the DVD, I LOVED it! What a talent.

      Delete
  6. I love all the songs she did in Cabaret! We had the 8 track tape and we would sit in my sister's mustang and sing and sing and sing! (This would have been in St. Mary's Georgia, you should know where that is!)
    And yes, I remember Liza with A Z also!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.