Friday, May 11, 2018

FRANKLIN FRIDAY: PENLAPEE AND THE POODLES

HI! Hi! Hi Hi Hi Hi Every Buddy! It's me it's me it's me it's Franklin the Bordernese here to talk about my sister Penlapee.


A few months ago, Mom started going to something called werk. She'd put on a dress and swish out of here and say, Franklin, take care of the house. I'm going to werk.

I didn't mind. I like being in charge.

But sometimes when Mom would come home, she's walk in the house and say, Uh-oh, there's a poodle.

I couldn't figure that out. I've met some poodles at the neighborhood park, but I've never seen one in our house.

As you can see,
a Bordernese is much better lookin' than a poodle.

Then Mom explained to me that she wasn't saying poodle. She was saying puddle, as in this:


Sometimes Penlapee can't wait till Mom gets home, and she makes a puddle. Mom doesn't get mad. She knows we're used to having her at home and letting us outside whenever we need to go.

Mom says she thinks that during the last hour before she gets home that Penlapee is probably watching for her at the window with her legs crossed because she needs to go. Maybe we need some buddy to come over to let us out while Mom is gone, but Penlapee is so scared of every buddy except Mom that she would probably hide and refuse to go out.







I'm much more cooperative.

We have other kinds of pee in our lives, too. Remember way back around Easter when Mom blogged that she'd been sick with the flu? She got a little better and went to werk, but then she got worse. Now she has pee new moan at ya.

When she coughs, she sounds kinda like a barking dog.

I guess Mom has learned a new language, and it's ours! I like that. I'm glad she's at home with us until she gets better. She says not to worry. She's been to the doctor and she's taking her medicine.

We've all been watching movies together and we don't have poodles or puddles in the house.

Okay I love you bye-bye.

I'll rest my head here during the movie.
Tonight we're watching Phantom Thread starring Daniel Dog-Lewis.





39 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read about the pee new moan at ya. And very glad that she has you and Penlapee to look after her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Pneumonia!! Well, dang it all! I hope you truly are on the mend. And with a new job and all. I hope they are okay with you being home sick? Always something. And palmetto bugs on top of it! Dang it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doctor says that werk has to be okay with Mom being sick.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you have pneumonia, but happy to see you're posting.

    I feel so bad for my dog when he can't hold it. He'll pee right in front of the door, so you know he was begging to go out. If you have a fence, would a dog door be a solution? Though, if it's too big, burglars could come through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs are large enough that I fear what else could come through a doggy door.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Franklin for posting the latest scoop on what's happening at your house. Poor Penelope. Maybe your mom can install a doggie door so she can go outside to pee when she needs to. I hope your mom is feeling better. Make sure to snuggle with her a lot. My mom likes when I do that. I heard her yesterday talking about puppies. I hope she gets one so I can play with it. I'll keep you posted. Love, Zoey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puppies? Wow, Zoey! Let me know what happens.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about pneumonia...t
    All pets are more caring for the owners. when we leave them and go out they cry for it and make some different sound. Once we are back we will be happy to see the way they express their love to us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Franklin -- I hope your Mom feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi to the Junebug family ... just take care, look after yourselves and hope the medicine works soon - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Franklin! I sure hope your Mom will get better soon. Too bad about the "poodles", too. What about pee pads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom put down an old towel for a while in Penlapee's favorite pee spot. It helped till she started peeing in another place.

      Delete
  9. So sweet. Not the croupy cough but the canine voice, which flows perfectly.
    Get well, Canine Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great that Mom's learned your language. She should be able to take better care of you if she understands exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a good dog, looking after everyone and letting us know how you all are doing. Hope mommy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pee new moan at ya is a bad thing to have - I hope your mom feels better very soon. Poor Penlapee. I was wondering how you pups were faring alone while Mom werks.

    (I think I'll start spelling werk that way all the time. It's more interesting than the other way!)

    Take care of Mom, Franklin!

    P. S. I second the pee pad idea, if Penlapee would be okay with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might try the pee pads, but I think they would frighten Penlapee. Everything frightens Penlapee.

      Delete
  13. Hope the pee new moan at ya gets better VERY soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry you mom has pee new whatcha. Keep her home until she's better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when she's better, we don't want to let her go anyplace without us.

      Delete
  15. Pee new moan at ya... That's pretty nasty! I hope mom is much better and has stopped peeing all over the house ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's Mom who pees on the floor? She blamed Penlapee!

      Delete
  16. Soooo sorry to hear about the pneumonia. No fun at all. Get well soon.

    Too bad Penelope can't use a little box...

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what cuties. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Franklin you are such a wonderful Gud Dug to watch over Mum nice tall person who loves you and Penelope !
    Tell Mum feel better soon.

    cheers, parsnip and iwinston

    ReplyDelete
  19. how about a potty pad laid down, near but not right next to, the door?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Franklin, I'm sorry to hear that your Mom has had pee new moan at ya, I hope she is 100% now. I'll bet you took good care of her!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.