Sunday, April 28, 2013

I picture you

I picture you
climbing on your motorcycle
wearing your huge black darth-vaderesque helmet
and roaring off into the night

Dawn would bring you
to the waves lapping at the beach
Atlantic Ocean
where you would remove the helmet and the clothes
and plunge as fresh as a newly born baby
into the water

You would tire
but a friendly dolphin
seeing the kindness in your eyes
would pick you up and carry you to a deserted island
and deposit you on its sand
where the sun and the wind would dry your skin

The fevered dreams would take you away
to the past
of the father who left
the mother who drank
and moving always moving in a rush to escape the bill collectors
until bars and chains and handcuffs kept you from escaping
but then
perhaps
a smile would cross your lips
and the past would melt away
as you remembered the love
once given to you
as a gift
with no expectations
in return.

17 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful, Janie! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a real emotional depth to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your poetry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was wonderfully written, extremely visual and layered with meaning. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too! Poetry to me is available to those in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love given as a gift is beautiful ~ I loved that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love this. You and Elvis Aaron Schwarz are such a special couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting story, there's a lot there, very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful. Love that third stanza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janie, so beautiful. I hope he reads this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful I have to agree with everyone else although I was tempted to say I didn't like it to just be different.......lol but I am not like that

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so far behind! Sorry I didn't see this sooner. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.