Tuesday, October 2, 2012

TWO LITTLE GIRLS

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

It's wild and crazy here in Dogtown. The Z Boys have visitors -- Favorite Young Man's two little girls, Stella and Liesl. They're staying with us for a couple of days while Favorite Young Man and Little Chick take a much needed mini-vacation.

Stella and Liesl's brother, Tater the chihuahua, is staying with Little Chick's parents.

Here are the kids on their home turf:

From left: Tater, Liesl, and Stella at home.

We've had a lot of insane running in circles going on here in Dogtown. With five wild things instead of three . . . well, you'd think there were ten doggies in this house, or maybe twenty.

Stella has proven herself Top Biscuit Snatching Dog.

The girls miss their dad (Favorite Young Man):




We're having a somewhat more serious problem than mere homesickness, however. The girls don't want to go out, even if I join them.

Thus, someone pooped in the middle of the bed today (not my bed, thank Heavens, but the bed in the extra bedroom), and then someone peed on the area rug in the family room.

Now, I'm not saying that it was definitely the girls, but considering they've been outside all of once today, it seems pretty likely to me that they are the guilty parties.

But why cast blame? The girls were so sweet, cuddling me in bed last night. A little poop here, a little pee there -- it's not the end of the world. We can clean it up together.

Or, I can leave it for Favorite Young Man to clean up when he returns.

No. Forget that. It's too stinky.

And that's the news from Dogtown.

Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug




27 comments:

  1. Sounds like our younger son's house. Between all his dogs and kids, the place is in a perpetual state of happy chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the happy chaos we have when the girls join us.

      Delete
  2. Well they are just the cutest little babies, for sure you can't get mad! That picture of them lying in front of the door is so sweet.

    I think they are voicing their disapproval that their daddy left them, but hopefully they'll have a fresh start tomorrow. Little honeys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand people who get angry with dogs, especially when the dogs are just doin' what comes naturally. Of course they're unhappy without their daddy, who adores them.

      Delete
  3. I want to go to Dogtown...they're all so sweet. I don't who's cuter, the girls or the chi. I couldn't live without my three chis and two 'big ones'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome in Dogtown anytime, Alex, but it sounds as if you have your own Dogtown.

      Delete
  4. You're indeed a lucky lady to have such beautiful & loving granddogs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute. I sense your love for them.

      Delete
    2. So cute. More work for you but your love for them is more important.

      Delete
    3. And I do love them so much. I don't mind the extra work.

      Delete
  5. Hi Janie .. good to see you over on my blog ... I see dogs feature heavily, especially much loved holiday ones! Oh dear ... I hope they settle down and decide the outside world is worth visiting! (regularly) ...

    Have a good week .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your travels go well. Thank you, Hilary.

      Delete
  6. I guess I'm a hopeless softie; I feel sorry for their stress, but I'll be surprised if they don't accept your love and comfort. Imagine how miserable they'd be in a boarding kennel! They're lucky to have you for a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way will my kids or grandkids go to a kennel.

      Delete
  7. With sweet faces like that, how could you be mad even for pooping in bed??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a sweet face, too, Maggie, and I wouldn't get upset with you for pooping in the bed either.

      Delete
    2. Awww, that's so sweet of you! I don't know if Branden would be as nice ;) HAHAHAHAHA!

      Delete
  8. Dear Janie, the pooping an peeing at times seems to be part of the wonder of animal companions. I like your attitude! And I wanted you to know that I got from the library yesterday the book on President Eisenhower written by his grandson David and started it last night. Thanks for recommending it. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy the book, Dee. Dogs only know that they need to go and some places seem more comfortable than others.

      Delete
  9. Uh....I assume the poop was in the middle of the bed I will be sleeping in when I ever get up there......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I wondered why they asked, Will lotta joy sleep in this bed? It didn't occur to me until now that they wanted to make you crazy. I think I'll save the poop in the bed after all. mwahahahahaha!

      Delete
  10. That's why I prefer cats--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you ever had a cat who missed the litter box? I have. Haven't you ever had cats who didn't get along and who made the whole house crazy? I have. I can see why Karma is an only child.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.