I'm sorry, but MOVIE WEEKEND is taking a little break because Mama don't feel so good.
I look forward to the Academy Awards on Sunday night.
I'm not all caught up in what people wear and who wins. I usually enjoy the opening monologue. Doogie Howser has proven himself an excellent host on multiple occasions. I like it when he sings and dances because he's a true Broadway star.
I haven't seen most of the movies that are nominated. I haven't seen hardly any movies that are nominated. But here's what I think about Sunday night:
- I saw Boyhood and loved it, but I've heard great things about Birdman.
- I don't know who should win the acting awards, except that Patricia Arquette should win for "Boyhood." Pundits seem to think that's a lock.
- I saw The Grand Budapest Hotel. I don't know if it will win anything. I like Wes Anderson, but I wish the Academy had showered him with awards for The Royal Tennenbaums. They didn't really seem to notice him till this year.
- Saw Maleficent. Minor nomination or two. Angelina, you know I adore you, but I wasn't that crazy about the movie.
- Finding Vivian Maier is nominated for best feature length documentary. Don't know if it deserves to win, but it's a great movie.
- When it comes to makeup and production design and all that stuff, how the heck should I know what deserves to win? For that matter, the movies that deserve the awards don't always get them.
But I'll watch Sunday night, or I'll DVR and watch on Monday, so please don't tell me what happens. Do you have any favorites that you hope will be winners?
Trying to summon up the strength to love you, but can't go as far as infinities,