Monday, February 16, 2015

JIMMY KIMMEL, JIMMY FALLON, AND JIM MORRISON TRIED TO MAKE ME MURDER WILLY DUNNE WOOTERS

Dear Hearts and Gentle People,

This post will tell you the beginning of the story about my desire to murder Willy Dunne Wooters. I don't have time to tell you the entire story now.

Saturday evening I was looking at something online. WDW asked, Did you see that skit Jimmy Kimmel did about a Saved By The Bell Reunion?

I felt confused. Jimmy Kimmel?

I know someone did that skit, I said, because I saw it mentioned online, but I don't know who Jimmy Kimmel is.

He's one of those late-night talk show hosts.

I thought for a while, and then it hit me: JIMMY FALLON! I THINK YOU MEAN JIMMY FALLON!

Well, okay, said WDW, but then who is Jimmy Kimmel?

I don't know, but we'll find out right now, I assured him as I tapped away on my laptop.

Within seconds I said, Here's Jimmy Kimmel;



Jimmy Kimmel hosts a late-night talk show on ABC, I explained.

Then who is Jimmy Fallon? was the next, inevitable question.

I'm pretty sure he took over The Tonight Show when Jay Leno left, I said. He used to be on SNL. Sometimes I see clips from his show. They're really funny. I never saw Saved By The Bell, so it doesn't mean anything to me, but I saw that the skit was online. I didn't bother to watch it.

WDW said: Jimmy Kimmel. Jimmy Fallon. Are you sure there are two Jimmies?

I tapped a little more and said, Here's Jimmy Fallon:


So that's Jimmy Fallon, WDW said.

He used to be on SNL, WDW said.

And now he's on the Tonight show, WDW said.

Yes, I said.

WDW said, Do you mean to tell me there are two guys named Jimmy and they both have dark hair and they both host late-night TV shows? They even look a lot alike.

The truth is I didn't see that much of a resemblance other than dark hair (it's kind of like saying everyone of the same race looks alike), but I know better than to argue so I said, Yes, there are two guys named Jimmy and they both have dark hair and they both host late night TV show and they look a lot alike.

I put that shit crap garbage opinion about them looking alike in tiny, highlighted print because I still don't think that having dark hair means they look a lot alike. Besides, I don't know who Jimmy Kimmel is, but I know who Jimmy Fallon is. I think he's funny. I've never watched his show, but the clips I see online are hilarious.

WDW said, Do you mean to tell me there really are two guys with dark hair named Jimmy who host late-night TV shows?

I showed him their photos again, and I said again, I've never seen Jimmy Kimmel, but I think Jimmy Fallon is funny.

Okay, that's all for now, but you can see where this is headed, right? It's headed toward a straitjacket for me.


Infinities of love,
Janie Junebug

to be continued

51 comments:

  1. Jimmy Kimmel is pretty funny, too. I have seen clips from his show. I rarely ever have watched late night TV talk shows since Johnny Carson left--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given up on not responding to comments. I can't take it anymore. I loved Johnny Carson. He was great.

      Delete
  2. Fallon is very funny. Kimmel, I don't watch but I usually associate him with showcasing musical groups, bands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean bands that aren't well known yet, but he thinks they are good? Stephen Colbert used to do that sometimes.

      Delete
  3. You have a lot of patience. I would probably have had a crazy fit after the second question and about them looking alike. My sister and I always argue because she always thinks certain celebrities look alike and they definitely don't. The things we do for the people we love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willy Dunne Wooters quite often thinks that someone is another person. It gets to me, but X was worse. He would insist that an actor was a football coach. When I told him who the actor was, he would stomp out of the room and refuse to watch the movie.

      Delete
  4. My wife has an entrenching shovel in the back of her car. I'm sure she would loan it to you. It's perfect for digging shallow graves in sandy soil.r

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you into straitjackets, too, pussycat?
    We just made a love connection, baby - YEAH!
    Oh, behave! (or not)

    Good morning, dear Janie!

    Seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry that hosts a late night talk show is named Jimmy anymore.

    Actually you and WDW are both wrong. The late night talk show host he was thinking of is Jack Paar, and the parody piece that has all America buzzing was a zany sketch that reunited the cast of Our Miss Brooks.

    All seriousness aside, I know that I speak for the vast Silent Majority of Americans when I tell you that you didn't miss anything. In my humble opinion, and I'm sure in the opinion of the vast Silent Majority of Americans, that Saved By The Bell reunion was ill conceived, ill advised and terribly, awkwardly and painfully unfunny. It made me ill.

    Happy Monday, dear friend Janie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I part of the vast Silent Majority of Americans, President Nixon? Are you still ill, Sir Shady? I think I might have food poisoning.

      Delete
  6. Holy crap my head is spinning. You've convinced me, there needs to be a moratorium on talk show hosts (late night, midday, or early morning) named Jimmy (or any variation thereof, no Jimmy, no Jim, no James!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them both but I think I like Kimmel a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha ha ha...Hubzam is just barely improved from that late night confused state that WDW finds himself in. Now, I just want one or two more Jimmies on evening television. It would be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you think of any Jimmies who could be added? We could write to networks and using a variety of pseudonyms, beg to have those Jimmie host late-night talk shows. We can also ask for chocolate Jimmies on our ice cream.

      Delete
  9. Janie, I don't watch either of them...I'm in la la land by the time the come on. Poor WDW! (and poor Janie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be okay. We get through these little contretemps eventually.

      Delete
  10. I don't really care for Jimmy Kimmel's show, but I like Fallon and the games he plays on his show. His guests seem to have a lot of fun with it, too.

    I sure hope they don't look alike. Sometimes people tell me that they think I look just like Jimmy Fallon. I don't see it, but I take that as a compliment. But if someone told me they thought I looked like bulldog faced Jimmy Kimmel I'd probably go kill myself on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jimmy Fallon is very good looking. I'm sure you look exactly like him. Will you send me an autographed picture?

      Delete
    2. Signed from me, or Jimmy... or both? I guess that also means I need to dig up a suit that isn't covered in mustard stains (don't ask).

      Delete
  11. I'm with WDW. I can't tell them apart either. One of them needs to dye his hair blonde or shave it all off or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Kimmel should quit his job and stay home.

      Delete
  12. So where does Jim Morrison fit in?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, dear. I don't know either of them, but I see where this is going. We are at cross purposes and I spied the cross.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay...experiment:
    Position both photos so they are on your screen. Take on finger and cover Jimmy #1's eyes and hair, and at the same time use the other hand to cover the eyes and hair of Jimmy #2.

    There is a bit of a resemblance in the smile.

    Okay, that's all I've got. I think they are both funny, regardless of what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've compared various photos of them. I think it's easy to tell them apart. You think they're both funny. Are they on TV at the same time? Do you switch between shows or watch both shows at the same time or DVR one show while you watch the other one or do you watch one Jimmy on Monday and the other Jimmy on Tuesday and so forth? America wants to know.

      Delete
    2. I catch them when I catch them. :) Hows that for an answer? Honestly, I'm not a huge TV watcher, but Tony likes to flip shows/channels. He's big into comedy so I watch a lot of "snip-its" of just about everything.

      Until I get really annoyed and go watch what I want in the bedroom.

      Delete
  15. Yes,almost afraid to ask where Morrison fits in...he definitely didn't look like either of them, nor went by Jimmy as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. We'll get to Morrison eventually.

      Delete
  16. I get them mixed up. Didn't one do an awards show? I'm too lazy to look it up.
    And didn't one do something with Obama? I'm pretty sure I saw that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Kimmel hosted an awards show, but I don't know which one. I don't know anything about President Obama having a case of the Jimmies.

      Delete
  17. They look EXACTLY alike in those two photos. Just different coloured skin and a slight difference in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but I must disagree. Fallon is much cuter. Maybe you don't notice guy cute.

      Delete
  18. Ok have never heard of Jimmy Kimmel, just saying................Jimmy Fallon him I have heard of but not sure they look alike..............just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to watch Jimmy Kimmel on "Win Ben Stein's Money"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched that. No wonder Jimmy Kimmel is not part of my life. That show was on for a long time, wasn't it? Bueller? Bueller?

      Delete
  20. I'm with you...Jimmy Fallon is freaking hilarious. Jimmy Kimmel? Who? I've never seen him. I'm not even interested enough to youtube him after reading about him. As for WDW...well, People are Strange.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fallon is naturally funny. He can just look into the camera and make me laugh. Kimmel is a more traditional comic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fallon is very funny. That's probably why I know who he is.

      Delete
  22. It is not only the first names being similar but their last names have 2 syllables(is that right??) Fal-lon...Kim-mil. Anyhoo I know both and I believe Kimmel had that idiot Toronto former Mayor on his show last year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why anyone would want to have that idiot Toronto former Mayor on his show. I'm not having him on my show.

      Delete
  23. Sorry I am not sure of anyone of these guys are. However, it is like how people everyone with a Asian face to be Chinese;)
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PAPS! I've been wondering where you are. Have you been visiting lots of interesting places? I agree that it's like thinking all people of a race look alike.

      Delete
  24. I never realized that until you pointed it out. Now I'm just confused. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.