Saturday, February 23, 2013

ALERT: THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

Yesterday I reviewed the movie The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. Then, some of you commented that you might watch the movie with teens.

I felt I hadn't described the movie sufficiently, so I added a comment. I didn't know if you would see it, so I'm repeating it here:

ALERT! I don't want to give you the wrong impression about this
 movie. I may have understated these kids' problems when I used the term "teen angst." Charlie and a number of other characters have some extremely serious stuff going on in their lives. Be prepared to discuss what the characters face and have gone through in the past. You might want to watch the movie alone before watching it with teens.

There! Now I feel better. If I'm going to review a movie, I think it's my duty to warn parents that it's okay for kids, or, more likely, not okay, or if you're going to watch it with kids, be prepared to talk about it.

Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

5 comments:

  1. A very good idea to watch the movie first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what people said about the book. Every horrible thing that could possibly go wrong, goes wrong.

    www.commonsensemedia.org rated it appropriate for age 14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    I always smile at your header and your Janie Junebug title.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any kids, but if I watch it, the chis will be there, what shall I tell them? You know they understand everything.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. These days my child explains the movie to ME!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.