Wednesday, March 23, 2011

VAMPIRE BARBIE

Gentle Readers,

Please tell me I imagined the following: I heard on the news today that there is a new type of Barbie doll. It's called the Monster line and the first one is a vampire. Some people are protesting against this "toy" because of the body image it promotes (the doll is stick skinny, skinnier than Barbie and more teenage looking rather than young womanish) and the info that comes with the vampire girl says her hobby is flirting with boys.

The company's comeback to the complaints is that the doll promotes diversity.

What the fuck? We need a teenage vampire doll so all the teenage vampire girls out there will feel they are being represented?

Stop the world. I wanna get off.

Infinities of love,

Lola

1 comment:

  1. I think the Vampire Barbie's are for Twilight fans and are based on those characters. I actually think that Twilight series is great for teenagers. I am a strong believer that parents have to parent not toy companies or stores that sell the toys. There a lot of toys on the market that I would never let my daughter play with such as the Brats dolls but that doesn't mean they should make or sell these dolls. I just don't agree with what they are or what they stand for.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.