Friday, March 4, 2011

HOMOPHOBIA

Gentle Readers,

I hear way too many kids calling each other gay or bi. And most of the time they're not joking around. The offender says it seriously and the offended takes it seriously. It's going to lead to physical altercations if it hasn't already.

I don't understand. Has this been a popular way to pick on someone for a long time and I just haven't seen it?

I know that kids who really are gay or bi get picked on. It's not o.k. But why is it such a popular insult? Most of these kids probably are not gay, but it doesn't really matter if they are or not. It's wrong and horrible and it really upsets me.

I also hear a lot of racist "jokes" from teenagers. They aren't the tiniest bit amusing.

Have we made no progress?

I am so confused.

Infinities of love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.