Friday, March 18, 2011

IT IS KIND OF A FUNNY STORY

Gentle Readers,

When I started watching It's Kind of a Funny Story, I thought Oh my goodness, this is so depressing. I don't need this. I was threatened. I got fired for being threatened. Shit upon shit upon shit.

But then It's Kind of a Funny Story gradually becomes more interesting and clever and amusing. 16-year-old Craig (Keir Gilchrist) checks himself into a mental hospital rather than jump off a bridge. He and the other patients, especially Bobby (Zach Galifianakis), gradually form a family unit and help each other. I guess you could call it formulaic, but it would have been formulaic if somebody killed himself too. I'm glad it had a happy ending because it left me a little less depressed.

Be sure to watch the Outtakes that are part of the Special Features. They're funnier than the movie, but it's fine to watch the movie. Just watch the movie before you watch the outtakes, babe.

Infinities of love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.