Wednesday, December 18, 2013

THE BIG ASS TV & BIC FOR HER

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

Last week I wrote a post about the hilarious reviews on Amazon for a Big Ass TV that costs $40,000 (read post HERE).

Apparently, I am now considered an expert on the subject of the Big Ass TV because I answered another customer's question about it.

The question was the following: I'm worried UPS will damage the retractable dome to my mansion when they lower this TV in by crane. Anyone had damage to their mansion?Thanks. B.Gates 

I replied: My mansion was somewhat damaged, but heck! It's just a mansion. One must consider whether the mansion or the TV is more important. Mansions can always be repaired.

Then ANOTHER customer sought my opinion: This looks great, but the old theater down the street is for sale for only $2000 more. Which should I get? 

My reply: I think it's a question of how comfortable your house is v. the theater. I have very nice theater seats in my house, and my feet do not stick to the floor the way they do in a movie theater. And if you buy the theater, will strangers expect to come in to watch movies with you? I wouldn't care for that. My big ass TV allows me to watch whatever I want in private, including "Naughty Schoolgirls". Thank you for an excellent question. I shall pray that God will give you the answer you need.

After getting quite a bit of enjoyment out of the Big Ass TV (I'm pretty easily amused and definitely a cheap date), our darling, adorable Maggie at Padded Cell Confessions pointed out some great reviews for a pen, namely The Bic Cristal For Her Ball Pen.

You can see this amazing pen at
http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16-Blk/dp/B004F9QBE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386876014&sr=8-1&keywords=bic+female+pen
I'll give you a little taste of the reviews: Someone has answered my gentle prayers and FINALLY designed a pen that I can use all month long! I use it when I'm swimming, riding a horse, walking on the beach and doing yoga. It's comfortable, leak-proof, non-slip and it makes me feel so feminine and pretty! Since I've begun using these pens, men have found me more attractive and approchable. It has given me soft skin and manageable hair and it has really given me the self-esteem I needed to start a book club and flirt with the bag-boy at my local market. My drawings of kittens and ponies have improved, and now that I'm writing my last name hyphenated with the Robert Pattinson's last name, I really believe he may some day marry me! I'm positively giddy. Those smart men in marketing have come up with a pen that my lady parts can really identify with.*
*Note: I did not write this review, but I wish I had.
Now all of you who are at work at your lousy jobs, stop what you're supposed to be doing, and check out the Big Ass TV and the Bic For Her. Then laugh uncontrollably. When your boss asks what you're doing, say, "Just my job, which I always do. I laugh because work makes me so happy." 
I must add here: Maggie, I missed you so. Please don't ever leave us again.

Infinities of love,
Janie Junebug

29 comments:

  1. That's hilarious, "it makes me feel so feminine and pretty". Hahahahaha! I wish I could spend my days reading these reviews, but my work blocks basically the internet...all of it. I may as well have a typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the last newspaper where I worked, we had no internet access. Someone who no longer worked there had visited a "naughty" site, so the publisher took the internet away from everyone. It's rather difficult to publish a newspaper without the internet.

      Delete
  2. LOL!!! Just what I needed to start my day off with a smile. I have written a few reviews for Amazon myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am off today... not necessarily sucking at my job. :) I am however monopolizing the computer at the car dealership while getting my oil changed (holy cow this internet is FAST!) So I shall check out the pen. :)

    But I will warn you... I'm partial to the PenTel Energel... in breast cancer pink. Seriously... Tony's getting the blue ones in his stocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy the Bic For Her. I want everyone to get a good laugh from the reviews. You may keep your PenTel. You have my permission.

      Delete
  4. Wait!! People still use a pen and write? I thought that was why we had MS Word or the equivalent and a printer. Some people still use check books, too, I bet. They just can't move into the 21 century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote a check a couple of days ago. I write a check about once every two or three months. Shocking, I know.

      Delete
  5. $40,000 bucks for this Big Ass TV, but next year the price will be slashed to $1000.00. The TVs we're now watching cost $2000.00 five years ago but they can be purchased today for only five or six hundred bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know anything about the price of TVs. I've had mine so long I'm sure it's considered an antique.

      Delete
  6. My head is spinning after reading this. So that will be my comment. Just so you know I was here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lie down, Inger, and the spinning will stop after a while.

      Delete
  7. LOL! I remember seeing those pens on Amazon. Whew! I had an epic laugh or two over them.

    By the way, I for one think you make an amazing expert and should perhaps take up that employment full time. Seriously. You might even charge a fee for you expertise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, I can be an editor?

      Delete
  8. Did you ever review for eopinions? Supposedly they paid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've never heard of eopinions. I wish I got paid for what I think because I certainly don't have any trouble expressing my opinion.

      Delete
  9. I am sitting here waiting for a volunteer to come in, so just highly enjoyed myself reading the pen reviews. What I love about it is that there are so many truly funny people out there in this world! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right. The world is filled with kind, hilarious people.

      Delete
  10. Tell Coffee that I have TWO checkbooks... and I use them both nearly every week! AND I have stamps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have stamps, too. I bought the book of cool Harry Potter stamps to give to The Hurricane for Christmas.

      Delete
  11. Holy moly. I wouldn't even want to pay the taxes on that Big Ass TV. LOVED the comments on the TV and pen, though. Nice to know there are so many funny people around. (Your comments, of course, were funniest.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great. Have you seen the ice cube recipe on food.com?

    http://www.food.com/recipe/ice-cubes-420398

    Hilarious.
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not how ice cubes are made. You go to the refrigerator door and press your glass against a lever kinda thingy and the ice cubes or ice chips, whichever you prefer, drop out into your glass. What are those tray things?

      Delete
  13. Both features were hilarious, and I enjoyed the ice recipe's comments as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't understand the ice recipe. I push on the thingy in the freezer door and ice comes out.

      Delete
  14. I did not know about the funny reviews and questions & answers on Amazon! So funny! These were both great, but I think the TV ones were the funniest. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too. I'd never read funny reviews on Amazon before. I didn't know they allowed that. I put quite a few reviews on Amazon and a couple of times they've taken them down with no explanation.

      Delete
  15. I laughed then I coughed so thank you for the laugh not for the cough

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.