Thursday, December 28, 2023

ANOTHER YEAR OF BULLSHIT, CRAP, AND SOME GOOD STUFF

 Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

2023 has been plenty weird. A former president indicted multiple times––after he was found liable for sexually abusing and defaming a woman. Kevin McCarthy was in and out like the dick he is and replaced by some little johnson who believes public policy springs from the Bible.

Russia's war crimes against Uktraine continue. Israel. Gaza. What the idiot calls hummus. Why does anyone want to watch a horror movie when that's happening?

Ozzy Osbourne retired. Elton John brought his touring career to an end. Buzz Aldrin got married on his 93rd birthday. David Crosby and Tina Turner died. 

And there was Barbie, which I have watched now that it's streaming. I appreciate its message about the patriarchy and it has a lot of cute moments, but I don't understand why some people went to see it multiple times in theaters. Billion dollar movie? Congratulations, Greta Gerwig, but it was not brilliant.

On the job, I try to make the best of things. Our team's schedule changed. The way we learned about it was a fuckfest that filled me with so much anger I almost quit. The new schedule along with some other revisions to his job ended in the resignation of our beloved supervisor, Bryan. I'm hanging in there. Let's just say my job satisfaction has decreased a great deal. During February I also have to train to handle another line of business in addition to the two I already take care of. I'm not pleased. 

We remain ridiculously busy and had massive lay-offs a few months ago. After being without a supervisor for an uncomfortably long time, a company reorganization brought us a new supervisor and someone from another team joined us so we had 10 people on our team. Since then, three people have quit, one was laid off, and one person is leaving us soon to join another team. It's not even our busy season and we are slammed. 

Dog-wise, we went through the terror of Franklin's cancer, but he's done so well since his surgery. He is my beautiful, cherished best buddy. Princess made us happy by agreeing to join our family. She's a trip, full of energy and struggling to ignore the devil on her shoulder. I love seeing Princess and Penelope snuggle on the couch. Two very different dogs love each other so much. 

I feel a lot of anxiety when I think about 2024. I love the indictments. I love Jack Smith. I'm not in love with what might happen next year with the Hitler wannabe. Specifically, I'm terrified. 

How can people avoid noticing all the good President Biden has done? We have plenty of COVID vaccine; we recovered from the supply chain issues; the horrible inflation inherited from the former guy is not so bad now; unemployment is the lowest it has ever been. 

Our president continues to stand with Ukraine, and he backs Israel. Some Republicans want to bring impeachment charges against him, but they can't figure out what crime he's committed because he hasn't committed any crimes. He's a man who loves his family. I wish he were younger but he's not so tough shit. I'd take Biden as president at 110 before I'd want the most popular Republican, who confuses Biden with Obama and fusses that Obama/Biden will start World War II.

You'll never hear Joe Biden quoting Hitler and calling human beings vermin. He is a man who took on an incredible burden and handled it as the adult he is rather than a petulant toddler. With his administration, the adults are in charge.

Let's keep it that way.

Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

30 comments:

  1. These are frightening times and people in other countries still want to be like the US. So lots of reactionary ignorance going around. There are still surprising moments of sanity. Let's hope there'll be even more in 2024. So sorry about the work situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We were so busy today that I almost burst into tears at one point this afternoon. I might need to take up day drinking a la Don Draper with a little bar under my desk. Princess would mix my drinks.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of the job issues. My daughter's company let a lot of people go this past month and they are "restructuring" in January. Very scary. I'm hoping for the best for her. I'm terrified of what's to come with the election. Good news is a second state removed the rotting orange man from their ballot. Hoping more states will follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it really doesn't matter if he isn't on the ballot in Colorado or Maine. It will take a lot more than that to make a difference. Yeah, our company restructured, too. That's how we ended up with someone who had been in management as our supervisor after Bryan left. She's lucky she moved into the supervisor position because a lot of the people who were laid off were in management and had been with the company for a long time.

      Delete
  3. If Trump is re-elected (one assumes that would be the will of the people) he will no longer have staff around him trying to put the brakes on him. He will surround himself with sycophants and people even more extreme than he is, and the dictatorship will outdistance the first day and become permanent. The United States as you know it will be finished and the stature of the nation, and its influence in the world will plummet. I only hope that people will come to their senses and vote for anybody but Trump. Maybe a few more states will throw him off the ballot and that might solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of states will have to throw him off the ballot or the Supreme Court will have to find he can't run, or something equally extreme, for us to be rid of him. He's a notoriously poor judge of character and tends to choose people to work for him thinking they're brilliant and will do such a great job and then they always let him down in some way and they're out.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your work changes, and that they're making you do more work with fewer people. That sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so tired at the end of each day and our schedule is changing again soon in a small way but one that will affect me a great deal. We will be allowed no more 30 minute lunches, which is what our team has always taken so we could finish the day a little earlier. We'll have to take a 45 minute lunch and our work day will be longer. Bleagh. It's hard on the dogs when they want Mommy to stop working and quitting time keeps changing.

      Delete
  5. You just gotta speak out about Hitler Jr. and remind people of who he is, what he's done, and not done, and what he's saying today and remind them that is NOT America.
    AND VOTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a new story--can't remember if it was on CNN or CBS. A reporter showed footage of trump's speech to conservative Republican voters in Iowa. He's shit talking immigrants and at least a couple of the people were upset about what he said. They were farmers and they wanted to be able to continue to hire migrant workers, and they also didn't like the vermin comments. They said they were going to re-think how they would vote. More Republicans might feel the same way if only they would be exposed to what he says. They don't listen to the speeches and they don't read the indictments. They think he's a comedian. He makes them laugh and feel good about themselves with the white nationalist garbage he says. More of them need to know he's quoting Hitler, and they need to know why he's been indicted. They only hear his sound bites that show up on fox.

      Delete
  6. That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? Hope 2024 turns out to be a good one. So sorry about your job situation and happy to hear Franklin's doing well. Happy Holidays. Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I'm pretty pessimistic about 2024. I'll try to be more positive. I will also be old enough to retire one of these days, but I'd rather keep working.

      Delete
  7. I could not agree more, politically. Amen to all that.

    Sorry about the job stress. That sounds like a nightmare. As you know, my boss changed too and I'm struggling with the change. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to hang on. I'm getting along with her better now than I did at first. Although we speak English, somehow she often doesn't understand what I tell her. I've discovered she has different definitions for some words than I have (she is alone in using her definitions).

      Delete
  8. Hi, Janie! I'm glad that Franklin is recovering well. Cancer is a terrible disease. I'm with you ~ I think that Biden has been a great president. Like you, I worry about what 2024 will bring. I know people who are literally going to leave the country if a certain person becomes president. And I don't even want to think about the world at large. I'm sorry that you are experiencing so much stress at work. I hope the situation improves. 2022-23 have been challenging years for me, so I'm holding out hope that 2024 will be a better year. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. I wish you a really unexpectedly good year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, love. I would like to leave the country if the election is a failure. We can't live under a dictatorship. But I don't have the means to even pick up and move to another state. Franklin is more lively than he's been in a long time. It's nice to see him play a bit and he's able to get up the steps to the deck now and seldom stumbles. Thank you for your kind wishes, Louise. If I reach the point where I just can't handle work anymore, then maybe it's time for an early retirement. I turn 65 soon.

      Delete
  9. I think we'll make it, Janie. Four more blue years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to believe that, Joanne. Joe said he would win last time and he did. He says he's going to win this time, too. Kamala is great on the campaign trail, too.

      Delete
  10. I must be the only person to not see Barbie...and have no desire to do so. Looks too loud and crazy for me...and this coming from a gay kid who played with Barbie's.

    What a year, what a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fix yourself a pitcher of something nice with plenty of alcohol and sit down to watch. I said it's not brilliant, but it's cute and funny. I love Margot Robbie, and Ryan Gosling is still hot. I'd be happy to welcome him into my bed. You might feel the same way. It's all so pink. Pink is my favorite color.

      Delete
  11. It is a shame Biden's not younger but still, as you say, better than the Republicans any day. I enjoyed Barbie but had some reservations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Younger Democrats need to step up, including Vice President Harris and Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg. They are the leaders to watch.

      Delete
  12. Been a long rough year for you with Franklin and work and all. I really, really hope things settle down at work for you this coming year--(or you get out of there). Thinking positive!
    I haven't seen Barbie yet. Has had no pull for me but I am curious about all the hoopla and will watch it eventually.
    I don't think the democrats toot their own horn enough. Gets me nervous when the media seems to be picking on him more lately, too. If it does get down to a rematch (and who knows, that's a long way off), no matter what--Biden is more rational and at least an adult in the room like you said. I believe he would win against Trump--or any of the other crazies if they don't allow Mr. Trump on the ballot. I have to believe that. But I will be waiting with bated breath to see what happens with the Supreme Court as far as allowing the insurrectionist on the primary ballots. Thinking positive. Have to believe clearer heads will prevail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Supreme Court has too many trump appointees to be trusted. I enjoyed Barbie. I don't think it's amazing and stupendous, but I liked it.

      Delete
  13. And that is why dogs are worth their weight in gold. They get us through the tough times. Glad to hear Franklin is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I'd do without my trio. They keep me sane, or at least as sane as it's possible for me to be.

      Delete
  14. Adore your Trio of gud dugs ! Most Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penelope is a much happier girl now that she has her Princess.

      Delete
  15. It's great to hear from you and I'm so happy the dogs are going well and love each other. I will say, that I agree with you on everything. I'm sure things have been weird in congress before, but like this? It's unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a kid during Watergate but I truly believe the country has to be in worse shape now because when the Republican leadership told Nixon he had to resign, he resigned. Now the Republicans kiss trump's ass.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.