Friday, August 30, 2013

FRANKLIN FRIDAY: MOM'S NAME USED TO BE FOSTER

Hi! Hi hi hi hi hi Every Buddy! It's me me me me me meeeeeee! Franklin the Bordernese!


Mom told me a really cool story about when her name was Foster. She was Foster Mom.

It was when she lived in Illinois. She saw a story online about a little doggie who was at a shelter. The doggie's name was Lucy. A bad man left Lucy outside without any water when it was really, really hot, so she didn't like men. The story said Lucy needed Foster Mom so she could recover. She was scared at the shelter.

Since Mom's name was Foster Mom already, she went to the shelter to get Lucy. She did it when X was out of town because he didn't think her name should be Foster.

Lucy was little and she liked to nap on Mom's lap. Mom made sure Lucy didn't have to look at any men. When X came home, he behaved himself and sat when Mom told him to. Lucy barked at him if he moved. After a while, Mom let X move a little bit. Lucy got used to him and she didn't hate men so much.

Then Mom took Lucy to devotions because she knew some of the men there were very quiet and gentle and would be kind to Lucy. Lucy liked those men right away.

Mom had done her job. Lucy could go back to the shelter to be adopted. Everyone was amazed when Lucy came in the door and wagged her tail at a man who was there to adopt cats.

Pretty soon, Lucy got her Forever Home. Mom was happy, but she still kinda misses Lucy.

Mom's name isn't Foster anymore. Now she's just Mom.

The End

by Franklin


P.S. Hi, Sophie! I promise you that if we ever meet, I will never steal Mr. Orangie from you. He's all yours. I love looking at the pictures of you when you go swimming. You are so brave.

39 comments:

  1. I'm a little tired, but at first I thought Mom didn't like men, not Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom likes men. I know she does. I've seen stuff that no doggie should ever have to see his mom doing, like kissing men. That's so gross. She should only kiss doggies.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs. Beth! Mom says you've been sick. We're praying for you to get better. Doggies can pray, too.

      Delete
  3. Dear Franklin,

    I would love to be a Foster Mom. But I know that I would end up with 2,347 dogs because I would want to keep them all. But I think your Mom is great for having been a Foster Mom. And I also think you're very lucky to have a Mom like yours.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom said it was very hard to take Lucy back to the shelter. She was so cute and cuddly. But Mom had four doggies at the time and she knew she couldn't have another one.

      Delete
  4. Franklin, your mom's name should be Honey, because she is one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom's nickname is snoo, short for snookie. That's what Favorite Young Man and The Hurricane called her until they figured out that other kids called their moms mom.

      Delete
  5. You & your mom ( the other Z-Boys) are lucky to have each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mom has a very kind heart! I bet she was the best Foster Mom ever, because she's the best Blog Mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She feels like helping Lucy was one of the best things she's done.

      Delete
  7. Doggies are much better kissers than men. I should know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. I have to admit I'm the favorite dog. Don't tell Scout and Harper.

      Delete
  9. SUch a powerful story Franklin ~~ "Foster Mom, now Mom" is truly the best person for doing this for Lucy!!

    Psst ~~ I do share! Did you see me sharing with Maggie lately? Oh I know you did! I am able to do this!

    Excuse me while I have a "Sneaky" in my fake cafe au lait!! LOL

    Sophie here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you share. That's good. I want a Sneaky, too.

      Delete
    2. I agree too that Soph would share with you Franklin. But you have to realize that she is the boss!
      I bet Lucy is still enjoying her 'new life'! Nice job, Mom!

      Delete
    3. I don't mind at all if Sophie is the boss. I like to be a follower and let someone else lead.

      Delete
  10. Aww, that is a great story. And you told it really well, Franklin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, Foster Mom!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Franklin looks like he is a "gentleman and a scholar" as my dad used to say. High praise, for a regal looking fellow. Good work, Foster Mom. You deserve high praise too, for such a fine thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome story Franklin your mom is great. Also be sure to tell her she won something from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's a chew toy or a rawhide, Mr. Brandon!

      Delete
  14. How cool you mum was Foster Mum once and now she is just mum.........but Lucy was so lucky that she had Foster Mum when she needed her

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's one thing I haven't done - is fostering either children or pets. Too busy right now.

    I do dog sit -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm too old to foster children now, and I'm done fostering dogs.

      Delete
  16. What a sweet foster mum.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Franklin .. that's wonderful to read about Lucy - I can't believe people can be so unfair, cruel or forgetful ...

    You are both lucky, you and Mum, that you're in a safe happy home, as Lucy is now ..

    Cheers to you all - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, it looks like Dr. X did one good thing with his life, and that was to be nice to a dog that hated men.

    I am just not sure I could foster, because I'm more the adopting type. But who knows, if I can ever get a house with more property, I will probably try it!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.