Tuesday, August 27, 2013

GRATITUDE TUESDAY: HARPER LEE & DR. LEE

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

Last Thursday morning, between 8 and 9, I had three old fillings replaced – nothing compared to the oral surgery horrors our dear Jenny Matlock has faced of late. I admit, though, that I came home with a bit of a sore mouth, a bit of a headache, and a whole lot of tired.

I checked your comments on that day's blog, and then settled down for a long summer's nap. I watched something on the TV for a while. Normally, as soon as I sit anywhere, Franklin joins me immediately. But that day, it was Harper who stayed next to me.



He must have been concerned about me. I slept most of the day, and every time I opened my eyes, he was by my side. I went to bed early that night and when I awoke for a bathroom run, Harper was in the bed with me.


Having dogs who watch over me gives me such a safe feeling. I'm so grateful for the Z-Boys.

Harper never complains about having a woman's name, and he has beautiful big brown eyes. The Hurricane did some research and learned that he is a smooth collie/malinois mix. He doesn't mind that my French accent is very bad. Harper loves me just as I am.

But I have so much for which to be grateful. Notice that I wrote everything was done between 8 and 9. My dentist, Dr. Joseph Lee of Normandy Dentistry in Jacksonville, didn't piddle-fart around. He worked very quickly with the assistance of a tech. I won't say it was fun, but at least it didn't take long to get all three old fillings out and re-filled, which Dr. Lee hopes will ease my toofers' sensitivity to cold.

The last dentist I had dumped me because I missed an appointment. Even though I called in advance! How unforgiving. Dr. Lee, I am so grateful for you.



Isn't he a nice looking young cutie pie? He's very sweet and polite.


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Since you said this twice, I think the first comment is for Harper.

      Delete
  2. Harper looks like the sweetest, most serene dog ever. What a honey. And you found a honey of a dentist, too. I only visit them once every 17 years or so, so I don't know too much about them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harper is not one bit serene. He's better at 10 than when he was a youngster. He's always been an escape artist, but he's starting to slow down.

      Delete
  3. They are just waiting on you to die so they can eat you. JUST KIDDING. GOD SETTLE DOWN.
    Dogs know when their loved one is out of wack and will do their best to comfort you. I know that from experience. My huge white Lab/Great Pyrenees NEVER licks anyone. But one day my back was hurting and I stretched out on the floor. She came in, saw me, and came over and started sniffing and licking me. Once I opened my eyes and spoke to her, she stopped and laid down beside me. Gotta love that kind of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's dreadful having teeth sensitive to cold. I hope this problem is corrected so you aren't troubled by this any longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worried about it. There are worse things in the world.

      Delete
  5. You're fortunate to have all those Lee's in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting old fillings replaced is not fun! Isn't it funny how pets seem to know when you don't feel well? They always stay right by you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janie, naughty, Janie. you make me laugh. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being naughty and I love making you laugh.

      Delete
  8. Oh Janie, don't we all love going to the dentist!! I was there on Tuesday last week and thankfully it wasn't a tooth but my sinus affecting my teeth. Whew!
    Harper is a sweetie pie alright....don't you love it when they just know that we need a little bit of TLC from them. Our dogs.....life just wouldn't be the same.
    Hope you are feeling better and the teeth have settled down somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mouth is fine – as big as ever. I've had that experience with sinuses. It's hard to tell the difference between a sinus problem and a tooth problem. I love my three boys. Harper was such a snuggle bunny that day.

      Delete
  9. Yes, it sounds naughty.

    Just when you need it most, dogs seem to know, and provide the most wonderful comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so relieved I didn't lose my naughty along with the old fillings.

      Delete
  10. Oh...to find a good dentist. At least I have an awesome hygienist. My sister.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister would probably pull my teeth out with pliers. And I wouldn't get any pain pills.

      Delete
  11. Harper knew you weren't yourself and was watching over you. Yes, your dentist is young and a cutie pie. Glad he is fast and efficient, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harper is the oldest of the three boys. I know we're in our final years together, so it's important to cherish each other.

      Delete
  12. Finding a nice dentist makes all the difference, the one I had at my last few visits a few years back now was also very nice.

    Harper does look like a lovely dog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harper is such a beautiful boy. And he can be very naughty.

      Delete
  13. Harper is such a beauty, even though he's a boy. What a pumpkin, staying by you when you weren't feeling well. My dog couldn't care less, but my cats will cuddle when I'm down for the count.

    Dentists can dump you? Huh, how weird!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.