Monday, August 26, 2013

HAPPY JEANS

Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

For a long, long time, two pairs of jeans were on a hanger in my bedroom. Though they were on the hanger together, they were lonely because no one wore them. One pair was plain blue denim, and the other pair was blue-and-white striped.

I kept them hanging on my bedroom door because, in spite of their loneliness, I was determined to bring them back to life. You see, they had gotten to be too tight for me to wear. I hadn't worn them in at least five years.

I've continued my high protein diet and steady weight loss. So last weekend, it suddenly occurred to me that I should try on the jeans. The plain blue ones fit perfectly. The striped pair was a little too big, but not noticeably so.





When I found out that these jeans fit, I did a happy dance all over the house. I also took a whole big bunch of my too-large-for-me clothes to Goodwill.

I'm not going to tell you what size these jeans are. I'll just telling these size-eight yellow jeans not to go anywhere, because I'm a-comin' to gitcha.




Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug

22 comments:

  1. Good for you! You've been so very quiet about it, Janie. Good for Goodwill as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mention is occasionally but don't bring it up all the time because I'm losing so slowly.

      Delete
    2. I mention IS occasionally . . . give me an IT. Anybody have an IT?

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, but you should have posted a picture of yourself wearing the reclaimed jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite sometime ago, I promised that when I reached my "normal" weight that I would post a photo of myself wearing nothing but Chanel No. 5 and a smile.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Congrats on the happy-pants-dance!! I've been a complete yo-yo the last couple years and I've reached my absolute height of chubbiness (without carrying another person inside me). And I haven't done that in over 20 years. I have lots of jeans "weighting" for me to be able to take them out on the town...

    Again, congrats...and thanks for the motivation!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's herbalife, baby. Delicious protein shakes, so I don't feel deprived. Or depraved. If you want the URL for my herbalife lady, Melynda, just let me know.

      Delete
  4. Dear Janie, you have me smiling! I'm so happy for you because I've been experiencing the same wonder. I lost 21.6 pounds through weight watchers and for the first time in 17 years I went shopping for new clothes. I now have a wardrobe that I'm getting compliments on right and left. It's so wonderful! I trust the same is going to happen for you! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice to have such a fun reason to shop for new clothes?

      Delete
  5. Good for you! I keep hanging onto my "skinny clothes'" in sizes 2 and 4, in the hope that I might someday squeeze into them again, but I'm beginning to think it's time to bid them a fond adieu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave away or sold most of my smaller clothes. I have a few things left, but darn it! I guess I'll have to buy some new clothes.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, you skinny thing, you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! That is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO nice! it's liberating, isn't it ?
    good for you, Janie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, congrats! That is the best feeling, isn't it? And imagine the one pair actually being too big!

    Good job :)

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.