Wednesday, April 6, 2011

JANIS JOPLIN

Gentle Readers,

I keep seeing rumors that someone is going to make a movie about Janis Joplin starring Amy Adams.

Now, I adore Amy Adams. She is cute as a button in Enchanted and Julie and Julia. It wouldn't surprise me at all, though, if she managed to pull off Janis Joplin. Who woulda thunk that Charlize Theron could turn herself into a serial killer in Monster? But Charlize walked away with an Academy Award.

However, anyone who knows me knows that I should be the obvious choice to play JJ in the movie.

Long hair almost exactly the same length and color --  check
Colorful feather boas in hair --- check
Wail the blues -- check
Craziest chick around --- check
Addictions --- check
Age -- kind of a check

Never mind that I'm 52  I mean 42. I look much younger. People ask me all the time if Favorite Young Man and I are "together" as in, Are you his girlfriend?

As if. Hot young guys like Favorite Young Man don't need to hook up with ugly old ladies like me.

But I am totally the reincarnation of JJ. Take my word for it and somebody start a campaign: Lola must play Janis Joplin in THE movie. I cannot start this campaign myself because it would just look so -- I don't know. Like I'm full of myself or something and you know I am simply not that sort of girl.

But I can play that girl.

The movie poster will read as follows:

LOLA IS JANIS JOPLIN IN JANIS JOPLIN: THE MOVIE


Oh, I am feeling the adulation and the smack already.

Infinities of love,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.