Friday, January 22, 2010

WHAT IF?

Gentle Readers,

In a recent post I quoted W.H. Auden: "I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong."

But I never really thought love would last forever because I knew there was no love. Every time you asked, "Don't you feel at least a little bit as if I love you?," I stubbornly said no. I could not, would not feel it Sam I Am because I knew you didn't love me, had never loved me, and never would.

You just got stuck with me. Deep down, I have always known I am not to be loved.

But what if I had answered differently? Yes, yes, I feel the love.

What might have happened? Would you have felt the love too?

Does pretense sometimes become reality?

Oh, put your arms around me one more time, your warm naked body so close to mine that we are almost, almost one, and let me say YES.

Love,

Dumped First Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.