Wednesday, October 25, 2023

PENELOPE SPEAKS: PARDON ME FOR INTERRUPTING

 Hello. It is I, Penelope. I know Mom Mom has been telling you stories about adopting my big little sister, Princess, but I must ask you a question.


Sometimes Mom Mom sprinkles some grass seed in the backyard and sometimes I might accidentally lick some of the grass seed. Mom Mom said, Penelope, stop eating grass seed.

I don't eat grass seed, I told her.

Look in a mirror, she said. You have grass seed on your lower lip.

A little while later I accidentally got more grass seed on my lips and she said, Penelope, if you keep eating grass seed, you are going to turn into a chia pet.


Is this true? Could I turn into a chia pet? Sometimes Mom Mom makes up stuff, but sometimes she is right. 

If I turned into a chia pet, would I still look like myself, or would I look like the Bob Ross chia pet? Or maybe I would grow some different grass and look like the Willie Nelson chia pet?


I really don't want to be Willie Nelson or Bob Ross. I want to be I, Penelope. I hope I don't turn into a chia pet, but if I do, then I will be the cutest chia pet ever!

That is all. Goodbye.


26 comments:

  1. Oh Penelope, you might also grow a lawn in your belly if you keep eating grass seed.
    That's what my mom used to say.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole lawn? I don't think my tummy is big enough for that because I am so svelte.

      Delete
  2. You will not be a chia pet. You will be a chia pet pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chia pet of your choice, Penelope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I get to choose. I just want to be I, Penelope.

      Delete
  4. Funny girl! ☺ You won't turn into a chia pet, Penelope, but grass seeds are not good for doggies (or kitties), so I hope you give up the habit. Show this article to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grass seed just tastes so good with a dirt chaser.

      Delete
  5. You will always be the cutest doggo, Penelope, no matter what. P. S. Mom Mom is a liar, liar, pants on fire, FYI :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could only be a Penelope Chia Pet. Only you. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Rita Pita Pan. I know you know all about Mom Mom making things up.

      Delete
  7. Penelope, you would rock a chia 'fro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so adorable that nothing can make me any less cute.

      Delete
  8. I’m sure it’s true. But how cool to be a Chia pet. I’ll be Willie Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be lots of fun. Mom Mom wants to know if you will share what you grow as Willie. I don't know why she would ask that.

      Delete
  9. Penelope you are safe. When I was a kid my mother would tell me if I swallowed a watermelon seed I would grow watermelons out of my nose. So far, decades later, my nose is free of all fruiting vines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know. Your pretty face would look funny with a watermelon growing from your nose.

      Delete
  10. Penelope, you are always going to be Penelope even if you eat grass and grow it on your head LOL. Mom Mom is trying to go grass in the back yard so please stop licking it. Love from Auntie Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom Mom sprinkled black pepper out there. I know you told her to do that, Auntie Maureen. It didn't stop me from digging very long. I'm so cute that I can never really be a bad doggy.

      Delete
  11. I vote for the Willie Nelson:) Were you asking about the heating pad vest? He got it on Amazon.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did ask about the vest. Thanks for the information. I've had nerve blocking shots and I'm going to have physical therapy. I'm looking for anything else I can do to help my back.

      Delete
    2. Ack. Sorry to hear that. The HH is having back surgery in Dec. Back issues just aren't fun.
      Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

      Delete
  12. Oh sweetheart you are perfect grass seeds and all.
    cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will always be the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penelope made sure we don't forget the Chia Pets, much as we'd like to

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.