I was hanging out at Pickleope's blog the other day and at the end of a post about Scooby Doo giving Pickleope trust issues, I found some very interesting information. It seems The Indie Chicks at Indie Chicks awards are celebrating their first birthday by giving out Badass Blog Awards. Pickleope was nominated and asking for votes. So I voted for Pickleope. I hate pickles, but not pickleopes.
Then I perused all the categories. When I saw the Best Mommy Blog nominations, I squealed with delight. Surviving Boys is nominated! That's Juli's blog!
When I had 13 followers for what seemed like forever, Juli was the breakout person who followed me. She was #14. And then others followed. I love Juli! You'd better believe I voted for Surviving Boys in a New York minute.
So please go to http://theindiechicks.com/badass-blog-awards-vote-for-your-favorite-bloggers/ and find the words "Best Mommy Blog." The last nominated blog is Surviving Boys. Please go there right away and vote for Juli and Surviving Boys. I have no idea when the voting ends.
In the comments on her post yesterday, Juli said that her husband Tony had tried to vote for her and it said the category was closed. But fishducky left a comment saying she had voted for Juli. So I don't know what the deal is with the voting, but please TRY to vote.
If you need reasons to vote for Juli other than "because Janie Junebug told me to," then I have reasons for you:
- Juli has shepherded her two sons, Oldest and Youngest, through the death of their father (Juli's ex) with grace and dignity.
- Juli has married Tony and created a blended family with Bonus Brother.
- Juli has started lacing up her sneakers and she's on the move. This summer she'll take on the challenge of the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure to benefit breast cancer research. She's raised the money required to enter, and she's going to walk 60 miles during the hottest part of the summer because we ALL know someone who's been affected by breast cancer.
- Juli works super hard as a mom, a mail carrier, and a blogger.
- Juli has really developed her writing skills in the past year. She was always a good blogger, but I've watched her get better and better.
I'd really like to see Juli win this award. I'm sure everyone who's nominated is deserving, but hey! Juli is one of our own around this neck of the blog.
|This is Juli.|
She's my bud.
Please vote for her.
Please don't procrastinate. Vote for Surviving Boys now! Go to http://theindiechicks.com/badass-blog-awards-vote-for-your-favorite-bloggers/.
Infinities of love,