Monday, February 26, 2024

JANIE DREW AND THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING ROOMBA

 Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

It was a dark and stormy night that Friday morning. In my quiet suburban home, Mrs. Roomba diligently patrolled the living room. Her sleek, circular form glided across the floor, navigating around furniture legs and under tables. Mrs. Roomba's mission was simple: to keep the floor clean, free from dust, crumbs, and most of all, pet hair.

She's had to work especially hard lately. Princess is shedding. Her fur resembles dandelion fluff—soft, delicate, and prone to drifting across the room like tiny parachutes.

As I logged in to work Friday morning, I heard Mrs. Roomba beep off. During a break, I searched for her so I could empty her dust bin and put her on her charging station. But she was nowhere to be found. 

Later, when I had more time, I moved the couch. I moved the chair. No Roomba. Could she have gone into the bedroom? I checked under the bed and in all the closets. Still no sign of her. 

The next day I issued a Missing Roomba Alert. This situation was serious. Clearly, she had rebelled against the increased activity.

I moved the furniture around more, hoping she might be stuck under something. But no luck. She remained elusive.

Then last night, I stepped outside to get a broom from the garage, and there she was––hiding on the deck. The leaves had prevented her clean getaway.


The weather has been nice. While I worked I left the back door open a bit so the dogs could let themselves out. Mrs. Roomba let herself out, too, and not a single dog told me.

I took her into custody, cleaned her out, and charged her overnight. She was back at work this morning, dutifully patrolling the living room again.

Mrs. Roomba might not like it, but she has a job to do, and she's going to do it—no matter what it takes to track her down.

Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug





28 comments:

  1. Roomba on the run, making her break for freedom, LOL! And those Nancy Drew book covers are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaky Mrs. Roomba! ☺ I've always wanted to get one of those. Do they do a good job? Funny, I don't remember those Nancy Drew stories. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Roomba does a great job. I don't know how well they do with carpet, though. I mostly have hard wood floors. I'd much rather run the Roombas than push a vacuum cleaner around.

      Delete
  3. Now I understand why Nancy Drew Mysteries were so popular. But why is a double-ended dildo mysterious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not mysterious? Whatever you say. It surprised me.

      Delete
  4. You have a great way of putting a smile on my face when I read your blog. I am glad you captured the roomba and she/he is back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael. I'm always happy to see you.

      Delete
  5. Goodness! She really tried to clean off the deck, didn't she? Glad you found her before she got rained on! Rain can't be good for roombas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it had rained, I think she would have been ruined. I do not want to buy a new Roomba so I'm glad it was dry. She actually sneaked out the back door again today and headed straight for the leaves.

      Delete
  6. Roomba on the Run! I wonder where she would have ended up if she'd made it off the deck?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would have fallen down the steps to the concrete, which would not have been good for her.

      Delete
  7. It was so worn out; it needed a little rest in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One escaped from a supermarket and got a long way down the road before it was apprehended. You have to watch these robots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I think it was good you found the missing Roomba. I have been known to tear up the rooms looking for the missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I could really do inside was move the furniture. I'm glad I spotted her on the deck at long last.

      Delete
  10. (From Auntie Maureen) Roomba wanted a break! Love the Nancy Drew covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them. I thought they were funny.

      Delete
  11. Cute. I'm intrigued by those little vacuum robots, but I don't know how I'd like programming them. Are you happy with Mrs. Roomba?
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Roomba and I usually have an excellent relationship. She does a good job. You don't have to program the Roomba. You charge your Roomba and press the start button.

      Delete
  12. The Roomba I knew liked to get into a tiny circular space it couldn't get out of and go around and around. They're cute, but not very smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mrs. Roomba is smart enough to become an escape artist!

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.