Sunday, May 1, 2022

PENELOPE SPEAKS: I HAVE MADE A JOKE

 Hello. It is I, Penelope.

First, I want to show you a photograph of myself in my soft jammies.


Am I not adorable?

Now, I will tell you my hilarious joke. I made up a nickname for Auntie Maureen. I call her Auntie More More!

That funny name is perfect for her because I want her to visit us more and give us more treats. Auntie More More! Isn't that so funny?

I am worried about Auntie More More, however. Soon we will experience some days when she does not come to see us while Mom Mom is at her stupid work thing she says she has to do so she can buy the treats.

Auntie More More must have surgery. I do not know what this means.

My brother Franklin says it means she will go to the vet and not have balls when she comes back. He says surgery happened to him and no balls was the result.

I think Franklin is wrong, but if he is right, then I will tell Mom Mom to get out the plastic card that means money and I will order new balls for Auntie More More. I will order tennis balls and plastic squeaky balls and any other kind of balls Auntie More More wants, because I love my Auntie More More.

If you say prayers, then please say a nice prayer for Auntie More More, or send positive feeling to her and to me, a poor little doggy who will miss her auntie and worry about her.

I know you like to see photos of me, so here is another one, taken when the weather was chilly and I wore a sweater Santa Paws brought for me.


I know you never cease to be amazed by how cute I am.

That is all. Goodbye. 

29 comments:

  1. Penelope, I don't know how you do it, but you read my mind like a . . . like a ... mindreader ... You are indeed cute and adorable in your jammies, in your sweater, or without, and you are such a funny, funny girl. I'm sorry Auntie More More needs more surgery and while I don't think that you have to worry about ordering, um, balls, it was very thoughtful of you ... but you'll need to be extra gentle with her as she recovers. Tell Mom Mom and Franklin hi, and I'm sending Auntie More More my very best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Jenny Donkey. I appreciate you because you recognize my cuteness. I will tell Auntie More More that everyone in the whole world wishes her well.

      Delete
    2. I have the best doggy sense of humor because I am so smart.

      Delete
  2. You are GORGEOUS (but you know that already). And of course we will send healing wishes to Auntie More More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise to say a prayer for “Auntie” More More’s balls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Aunty More More is ok and her surgery goes well and it's a good joke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Prayers for Auntie More More!!
    Yes, you are too cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penelope, you're not only the most adorable dog ever but you're also the sweetest. I will send my best wishes and all the healing energy I can muster up so that Auntie More More will have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Sending you all lots of love. (And don't tell anyone, but I'm going to send you more than the others...shhhh....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always keep your secrets, Mrs. Martha.

      Delete
  7. Yes, certainly tell Auntie More More from me that I am wishing her well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell your aunt good luck with her balls.
    And those jammies look mighty confortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt good in my jammies when the night were chilly. Now it's hot.

      Delete
  9. Adorable jammies! I hope "Auntie More More" comes through her surgery safely and comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janie and Penelope - I'm sure Auntie More More's surgery will be fine - just uncomfortable for a while, til she feels easier. You take care and look after everyone, and with Franklin. Cheers to you all - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penelope, you're adorable. Prayers for your Aunti More More.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penelope's fashion sense is enviable. Wish I had half that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa Paws brings me only the most fashionable clothing because he loves me.

      Delete
  13. We joke that my "balls" are so huge I wear them on my chest. Now I'm envisioning Auntie with big, huge new squeaky balls on her chest. Hope she feels better soon! And that Penelope doesn't have to wear her sweaters much longer! Spring is taking a while to get up here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't needed a sweater for several weeks. It is very hot where I live. I do not think Auntie More More would want squeaky balls on her chest. I understand you intend this to be a joke, but you are not as funny as I am.

      Delete
  14. What a thoughtful doggy you are, Penelope! I do pray your Auntie More More will soon be back visiting you, with or without balls.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.