Friday, October 14, 2016

FRANKLIN FRIDAY: MOM YELLS AT ME IF I DRINK OUT OF THE BIG DOGGY BOWL

HI! Hi hi hi hi hi hihihihihihihihihiiiiiiiiiii! Hi, Every Buddy! It's me it's me it's me it's me it's me me me me meeeeeeeeeeee, Franklin the Bordernese. I'm the bee's knees. I don't know what that means, but some buddy said it to me.


I haven't gotten to write to you for a long time because Mom and Penlapee are always hogging the light-up thing that you live inside. I can't see you, but I know you can see me.

Do you know what this is?


I can't hear your answer, but I bet you know that IT'S A BIG DOGGY BOWL.

I like to drink out of it. Sure, we have doggy bowls in the kitchen. They have nice water in them. But why should I go all the way to the kitchen when this doggy bowl lives right next door to Mom's office, which is where I like to hang out?

The thing I don't get is that when I drink out of the big doggy bowl, Mom gets all pissy and says, Franklin, that is not for you.

Well, if it's not for me, then why is it there? Huh?

I bet Miss Smarty-Pants Mom doesn't have any answer to that.

After she has one of her pissy fits, here's what Mom does to the big doggy bowl:


I betcha I can open that up with my nose––if I feel like it.

And if Mom goes outside or something.

Heh. Heh heh. Heheheheheheheheheheheh. HEH!

Look at me, all innocent:


I'm not doing anything, Mom. Just gonna take a little nap.

Till you're not looking.

Okay I love you bye-bye.

29 comments:

  1. Fun post. We have to keep the bathrooms doors shut at all times for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't let Mom see this. She might close the door, and I can't open that with my nose.

      Delete
  2. And, why do you pee in his doggy bowl? funny post.
    pparsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any buddy pees in my doggy bowl. No reason for that when we have a yard.

      Delete
  3. Hi Franklin! Thank you for writing to us. I think you must have a great sense of smell but very little discernment. Ask Mom what that means. For you, it is not a bad thing to have no discernment; I bet you are a very happy dog. Good luck with getting the lid off the big doggie bowl. Bye bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Wilma! Thank you for writing to me. I'll ask Mom about that cernment thing.

      Delete
  4. Very cute post, Janie! Oh and Franklin is very cute, as well. That always creeps me out a bit when people tell me that their dogs drink out of the toilet bowl. I have had dogs before but little toy dogs can't reach. My cats have all deemed that toilet water is beneath their noble sensibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toilet bowl? It's my big doggy bowl. Mrs. Cheryl, you are confoosed.

      Delete
  5. Wait, when you drink out of the big doggy bowl, Mom gets all.... um... pissy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. That means Mom yells at me to stop. I stop when she yells. Then I start again when she's not looking.

      Delete
    2. You're such a dog! ;) If I were a dog, I would do the exact same thing.

      Delete
  6. Very entertaining, Franklin. I won't tell Mom you're not really napping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are a good fox, just like I'm a good dog.

      Delete
  7. A lot of cats think it is a big cat bowl, too. Humans just do't get it, do they? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a cutie but I hope you don't go licking your mommy's face after drinking from that big bowl. Thankfully Wallace does not see the bowl since his Pappa makes sure the lid is always down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might kiss Mom after I get a drink. What she doesn't know won't make her pissy.

      Delete
  9. Franklin, I have a lid that shuts itself, after I give it a pinky nudge. I love it. I won't tell mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should be allowed to drink wherever you want!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too. Sometimes Mom and Willy Dunne Wooters go out for margaritas. When Mom gets home she giggles and can't take off her own shoes. I wanna try a margarita.

      Delete
  11. HAHA! Fun post :) And is it you that's been talking to my black cat? Because she seems to like the big bowl, too! Except she calls it the BIG KITTY BOWL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cat is confoosed. That big bowl is only for doggies.

      Delete
  12. Oh Franklin. what a party pooper she is...speaking of pooper though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweethart !
    That is not a doggie bowl. You have a nice clean one just for you.
    Your Mum will have to baby proof the bathroom.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.