I signed up to do the Bucket List Blog Hop today and forgot to do it, so I'm keeping my promise right this minute.
This blog hop is hosted by Mama, a.k.a. Sherry Ellis of Mama Diaries and Susanne Drazic of Putting Words Down On Paper. The concept is simple: What do you have on your bucket list? In other words, what are some special things that you'd like to do before you kick the bucket?
I've never had a bucket list. My bucket list is called Goals, so here are some of my goals:
- Travel all over England, wander the moors like the Bronte sisters, and then die--very dramatically--of tuberculosis.
- Part of the trip to England before the dying dramatically part will be visiting Sylvia Plath's grave in Heptonstall to pay homage to her.
- Also before dying dramatically, scoot on over to Wales and spend a day hanging out with John Gray of Going Gently. Kiss Winnie, wave to Gay Gordon, eat scones with Auntie Glad, greet Affable Despot Jason, go to John and Chris's wedding. Not much here.
- I want to meet lots of my blogger friends. I've met a few, and I want to meet more. I could have met Rick and Jilda Watson if Rick had bothered to tell me they were in Jacksonville that one time. Lazy lout.
- Have some more stuff published. I'm fortunate to have been published a number of times. It would be nice if I could write outside of my box and maybe publish a book or a poem.
- Force my children to give me grandchildren. I don't know how to accomplish this one, but I swear I'll do it. I WILL have a grandchild. I will I will I will.
- Wear a red dress to X's funeral and dance on his grave.
- Hang out with Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and, maybe, Ryan Gosling.
- Make up for all the stuff I did wrong as a parent. I don't think this one is possible, but I sure wish I could do it.
- Die a peaceful death and be reunited with all my dogs in Heaven, where I'll have tea with Emily Dickinson and Sylvia Plath.
- Star in a Broadway show.
Okay. We're getting out of control here. It's time to stop.
Thank you, kind ladies, for hosting this blog hop. I'm sorry I arrived a bit late.
Infinities of love,