Monday, December 3, 2012

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE BROKEN HEART

for EAS



Where did my broken heart go?
It seems to have disappeared.

I checked in the crumb-filled crevices of the couch.
It wasn't there.

I dumped everything out of my purse and searched my wallet.
It wasn't there.

I vacuumed up a tumble weed of dog hair in a corner.
It wasn't there.

I would have cut myself on the shards of glass if it had been in the couch.
I would have seen the glitter of glass if it had been in my purse.
I would have heard the shattered bits of glass as the vacuum cleaner sucked them away.

I suspect someone stole it and hid it where it can never be found.

His name is MY LOVE.


14 comments:

  1. I must say, all praise be to God, Janie. I saw the very tiny for EAS in the corner. Feels like Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, my oceangirl -- I praise God for EAS.

      Delete
  2. Awwww, I love that you and your heart are finally being treated as you should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggie. I never knew a man could be as sweet as my Elvis -- except for my dad.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm glad, fishducky. Writing it made me feel good.

      Delete
  4. How sweet. I'm glad you can't find a broken heart anymore, because you don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's sweet. finding new love and loving it is one of the best things that could happen to a person. not many have it though. lucky woman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God has blessed me with Elvis Aaron Schwarz.

      Delete
  6. I know it's against the law to read other people's mail, but it was really sweet!! ;) So happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita. Later this month, Elvis will meet The Hurricane. He'd better be prepared.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.