Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,
Sweet adorable Sherry Ellis at Mama Diaries has seen fit to bestow an award on me. I haven't been accepting awards for a while, but I decided to take this one because it involves craziness.
Anyblog, I'm supposed to tell you seven weird things about me. This task shouldn't prove too difficult.
How am I weird? Let me count the ways:
1. I'm a Lutheran, but I don't like coffee. You kinda have to be a Lutheran to understand how weird this one is.
2. I used to make up songs to sing to my kids' poopy diapers. I also gave the poop names.
3. All of my dogs -- except one, Franklin -- have had names of authors or characters in books. I've been graced by the presence of Faulkner, Kesey, Thoreau, and Emma, and currently, Scout and Harper Lee.
4. Some of my closest friends are other bloggers; that is, you are people I've never met, and I love you all dearly. Elisa at http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/ (The Crazy Life of a Writing Mom) has become the middle child I never had. We even have an anniversary to celebrate her addition to my family.
5. I loved studying Chaucer and Milton and other writers most people think are boring in order to get my degree in English. I LOVE "The Scarlet Letter." Hawthorne based it on my life.
6. I have stated on this blog more than once that in real life I am Lorelai Gilmore, and I am. Yes, it's true. I am Lorelai Gilmore. And if I'm not Lorelai Gilmore, then I want to be Myrna K. Schnickleblitz-Schwarz.
7. I'm dating Elvis Aaron Schwarz. He says I'm sweet and sexy -- not weird. Thank you, Elvis Aaron Schwarz, you sweetie pie, you. (tee hee)
8. I have six fingers on my right hand and seven toes on my left hand. Boy, do people stare!
9. I have three nipples and they're all on my stomach.
10. I have a hairy chest.
Oh, what's that, Sherry? I was supposed to stop at seven? How quickly I forget.
Now, where was I? Oh, yes. I'm in my family room in my little house.
Well, now I guess you know the best and the worst weirdnesses about me.
If you'd like to tell me something weird about me, please feel free to do so. And if you want to tell the world seven weird things about yourself, then please, please, please steal the daisy.
Infinities of love,