That friskiest of frisky virgins has tagged me. So for a bonus weekend post, I'm going to answer her questions because they intrigue me and I like that lady.
My Questions (I’m going with whimsy, here):
- If you could have the choice of one superpower, what would it be and why? X-ray Vision? No. Faster than a speeding bullet? No. I have to say the opportunity and ability to help people, because whenever we help someone, we're putting the power for good to use. I believe goodness is a superpower.
- Which Harry Potter movie is your favorite? Why? D.H. II. Why? It's the last one. It's so well made. It's perfection. It made me sniffle the most. I'm starting to sniffle again right now, thinking about it, but I swear it's allergies.
- Which Harry Potter book is your favorite? Why? H.P. and The Half-Blood Prince because (sniffle) it's so heartbreakingly beautiful (little sob) at Dumbledore's funeral. Oooooooo, Dumbledore, I miss you so. Snape. Snape. We didn't know then. We didn't understand. Oh, Snape. Snape and Dumbledore. Sob. Sob. Sniffle. Sniffle. Sniffle. Pardon me. I need to grab the box of Kleenex from my bathroom. Yes, my allergies are that bad.
- Do you believe in parallel universes? Why or why not? No, I don't believe in parallel universes because I don't see any evidence of them. But maybe Harry Potter's Wizarding World in Orlando is a parallel universe? Maybe? If I ever get there, I'll let you know. It's only a couple of hours away, beckoning me, but the tickets are expensive, the crowds (tremble) large, and the heat oppressive.
- Do you think aliens exist? If so, are they E.T. kind orIndependence Day mean? No, I don't believe they exist, but if they did they would be Close Encounters of the Third Kind musical and welcoming.
- What’s the first thought that jumps into your mind when you see the word Disney? Taking my kids to Disneyland when The Hurricane was a toddler. She went on a ride with her daddy. My son and I were behind them and the whole time I could hear her saying "Wheeeee." It was a joyful noise unto the Lord.
- Assuming it’s true, and we only know about 10-15% of the ocean’s inhabitants, what do you hope is down there that we have yet to find? Atlantis
- What is your favorite movie score? This question is surprisingly difficult. I feel I should choose a musical. Choosing a musical is obvious, but I think I'm going to pick the score from Jaws because that "duh-duh" music does so much to enhance the film. One time for a film class I watched the beginning of Jaws without the sound on. Then I watched it with the sound. It was SO much more frightening with the music. If you've never seen it, without the music, you would have no idea that the girl in the water will diiiiiiiiie.
- If you found yourself living with seven tiny men, what would their names be? David. I can't get away from men named David, so every single one would be David.
- A big blue genie grants you one particular wish: Change the world into any imaginary world you’ve either read in a book or seen in a film. Which world would you choose and why? The world of Harry Potter, of course. But if I were a muggle, I would be like Hermione and receive my letter from Hogwarts.
- If you could pick one literary or film character and bring him to life to be your soul mate, who would it be and why? This question is very difficult. My obvious answer is Harry or Hermione, but when I think of Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, it sets my heart afire. And when I think about Colin Firth playing him in the mini-series, my entire body goes up in flames. The problem is that I want to live in Harry and Hermione's world; I don't want to live when people didn't have nice toothpaste and go to the dentist regularly and died from strep throat. I'm fussy that way. If I can educate Mr. Darcy enough to live in the present, then I take Mr. Darcy. SIGH
I'm not going to tag anyone because people hardly ever do these when I tag them, and I can't handle the rejection now or in the past or in the future. Rather, I'll say that if you feel intrigued by the questions -- and I don't know why you wouldn't be -- then go ahead and answer them and give The Frisky Virgin a shout out for creating them.