Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DUMPED FIRST WIFE RECOMMENDS AND SUGGESTS

Gentle Readers,

Please allow me to begin by defining my terms: If I suggest something, then I think it's OK and at least mildly enjoyable and/or amusing. If I recommend something, then I think it's well worth your time.

Keeping those terms in mind, I suggest you consider seeing Did You Hear About the Morgans?. I don't think you'll want to purchase it unless you're the biggest Hugh Grant and/or Sarah Jessica Parker fan ever or you will want to watch a movie over and over that creates an amusing distraction. But I do think it's a fun movie. It was cuter than I thought it would be and worth renting if you're in the mood for something relaxing that doesn't require a lot of thought.

However, do not waste your time on the director's commentary. He who shall not be named (because I can't remember his name - it might be Mark Jacobs), Sarah Jessica Parker, and Hugh Grant all comment on the movie. Although the three of them seem to get on well, they don't have all that much to say about making the movie. The DVD's special features do include some short pieces I like, especially one about the grizzly bear in the movie. The gag reel? Well, I didn't think it was such a gag. The non-stop giggling when they're trying to shoot one of the scenes simply becomes boring.

I recommend seeing The Time Traveler's Wife. I thought it had a lovely magical, poignant touch. I didn't think I would like it because it couldn't possibly live up to the novel. It was really quite touching though, and whether you'll want to rent or buy is up to you. It costs $16.99 at amazon.com. You might consider renting it from one of those red box things that are now outside many pharmacies and other businesses and for $1 see if you think it's worth buying.

I highly recommend reading the novel The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's a heartachingly beautiful book, quite haunting and so well written.

I wish you happy viewing and reading, Gentle Readers.

Love,

Dumped First Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.