Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,
Miss Lindsey Lou Graham has left behind toil and trouble by shuffling off this mortal coil with a step ball change into a flap and a flip flop.Any hint of decency that was in Graham died with John McCain, and Sir Farts Alot took over his life.
As Lindsey left us, a turtle came back from the dead. Suddenly a photo was released of Mitch with his wife along with a statement, supposedly from Mitch, saying he had fallen, was unconscious briefly, and had a mild case of pneumonia. He's now in rehab to regain his strength.
We had to wait four weeks for that little bit of information?
Do you think Mitch is brain dead but on life support so no one else can serve the remainder of his term in the senate? It doesn't look as if Mitch is returning to the Hill.
Princess and I visited Dr. G for her annual wellness exam. She was out of my sight only to have her blood drawn, but I could hear the techs talking about her and saying she's a gorgeous dog. I agree.
I had patriotic nails for our country's semiquincentennial, but I didn't feel at all excited about the birthday.
The bicentennial was totally dissimilar.
Nixon was gone. Ford, who hadn't been elected president, was in charge, but the bicentennial wasn't connected with a political party.
Nothing was called The Ford This or The Ford That. The bicentennial was about our country.
The best part of June was the arrival of Favorite Young Man and K. They were here for a few days because they insisted on doing some work for me.
You might recall that the back of my house and the deck have been falling apart for quite some time, and I couldn't get anyone to make repairs. FYM and K said the deck was dangerous and it had to be demolished. So they made the deck go away.
They did a lot of other work, too.
FYM also found a great guy named Joe who did some more work for me.
First, Joe repaired the back of the house.
The concrete steps are Penelope's steps to France. She would be appalled if she knew the steps lead to the house.
If it ever cools off, I have a lot of work to do where the deck used to be. I'll rake, dig, clean, and plant, but it's already a huge improvement.
A few days after Joe finished this job, he built a new gate for me.
I love it!The old gate had been in bad shape since we had a couple of hurricanes almost two years ago. After the wind stopped blowing, the old gate continued to deteriorate until it reached the point of almost no exit or entry.
Opening or closing it was very difficult. It didn't latch well, so hunks of concrete and garbage cans helped serve as barriers to keep doggies in the yard.
I'll ask Joe to take care of more house problems in the future.
What's new at your house? I hope none of you have gotten sick with that nasty fruit-associated diarrhea. My wish is for all of you to be safe, happy, and healthy.
Infinities of love,
Janie Junebug







I really like your nails. It is very hot and humid 😫 here in Montreal as well. This is the second week and no relief yet.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, cool and hydrated.
Thank you! It probably won't cool off here until October, but the heat is worse than usual. It's unbearably hot. We have a heat advisory almost every day. I hope you have air conditioning.
DeleteHi Janie, yes, thankfully I have an air conditioner. I wouldn't be able to cope without it in this extreme heat, it gets over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
DeleteThanks for letting me know, Linda. I'm never sure because air conditioning is scarce in Europe so I wasn't sure about all of Canada. Every time I've been in Canada, no matter what part, the weather has been lovely and cool.
DeleteI was hoping you were alright!!! It so pleasing to get things done around the house isn't? And just think of what you can do in the patch where the deck was! I see Princess is already making her mark.
ReplyDeleteBeen good here...mostly away. Been to gay Pride...Rehoboth Beach...Fleet Week and the Poconos. And of course the garden just keeps blooming. If you were my neighbor I'd bring you a bouquet from the wildflower garden.
When you want to know how I am, just hop in your car for a long drive to Florida. I have an extra bedroom and you can stay as long as you like. We'll sing and dance for hours. I keep thinking about that patch of dirt. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I want it to look so nice.
DeleteSo wonderful that things are going well with Favorite Young Man and K. And how kind of them. Things are looking good. As for Miss Lindsay. I have nothing to say that hasn’t already been said about the asshole. And I do wonder what is really going on with McTurtle. I look forward to the truth coming out.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate FYM and K so much. Who knows if the truth will ever come out about the turtle? The felon manages to keep some secrets in spite of his own big mouth and the gossips who work for him. The people who work for Mitch are a lot better at keeping things quiet.
DeleteIt's such a relief when work is completed around the house, especially if it's needed doing for a long time. The weather seems to be unusual everywhere.
ReplyDeleteI can't even remember how many years I've been trying to get someone to repair the back of the house. Many!
DeleteHow wonderful your son was able to do all that work for you. It looks great. Ah yes I remember the Bicentennial very well, such a different time! Also, I really liked John McCain, have you ever read any of his books? Remember when he flew back to Washington to vote against the bill in the Senate when he was so ill? A Republucan with a backbone! Wish we had more like him.
ReplyDeleteI didn't always agree with John McCain, but if he had been elected president, I wouldn't have been frightened the way I was when the felon was elected. I haven't read any of McCain's books, but perhaps I will in the future. I admired him and I also wish we had more Republicans like him. The way the felon treated McCain infuriated me.
DeleteSpot on about Miss Lindsey.
ReplyDeleteThat photo of McTurtle was AI; he's not awake and speaking and he didn't have a wee fall.
Love the repairs; glad you found someone to do them; sometimes that's the hardest part.
We had new floors put in our house and then I began painting the baseboards and new shoe molding and I still have to paint the kitchen so ... it never ends.
Love the nails ... I sat out America's birthday since Cankles made it all about him. I cannot wait until he's gone ....
xoxo
It's clear the photo of the turtle and his wife isn't real. I'm sure Mitch is as dead as he can be while continuing to breathe. I continue to encourage the felon's blood clot to make its move. I have a million more things to do to the house, but at least the two biggest problems are solved.
DeleteThat is one awesome-looking sturdy gate! And the back of the house looks awesome too. Oh, the steps to France! So much whimsy!
ReplyDeleteMy darling Penelope had such a longing to bark in French and eat French kibble. I like to think of her reincarnated and wandering the streets of Paris with a very elegant new owner who pampers her at sidewalk cafes.
DeleteHi Janie - it's good favourite young man and K visited with the intention of helping you with a few jobs - good that they've been done. Joe seems to be a good worker too - the gate looks more secure. Take care - cheers Hilary
ReplyDeleteJoe was great -- reliable and hard working. I'll be happy to give him more jobs in the future. FYM and K are so good to me. I would have continued to let the deck rot until I fell through it.
DeleteGood job, Joe. Now I need him to come do the same at our house
ReplyDeleteThat's what I've been saying to other bloggers who have had work done on their homes! I'm a little bit in love with Joe.
DeleteI am still trying to decide if that photo of Mitch McConnell is real. The one that his office posted with his wife. Pneumonia and a fall would result in silence for a month? I cannot help but think something is fishy with this. And Lindsey Graham...I will never understand someone who could sell that soul as quickly as he did, and to flipflop all of the time.
ReplyDeleteGreat that you are getting some house projects done!
I'm convinced the photo of Mitch and his wife is not real. Someone posted the "new" photo side-by-side with an older photo that's exactly the same except the background is different. Mitch hasn't looked that bright-eyed and awake in years. He also wouldn't be dressed in jeans and a casual button-down shirt in a rehab center. The felon knew how to draw out the evil in Lindsey Graham. It was lurking in him all along.
DeleteNice nails! ☺ I'm glad you have help fixing the house, and it's good you got rid of the dangerous deck. We've got Florida temperatures here in Toronto too! Thankfully, the central A/C works well.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm glad you have central air. Some people here only have window units or don't have air conditioning at all. This is the kind of heat that kills people.
DeleteSo glad you got your deck torn down and now have a handyman. It's wonderful having someone you can call for repairs, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteDid you notice in the 'hospital' picture of Mitch and his wife, he was wearing jeans?
Take special care.
PS Your nails look great!
ReplyDelete(From Auntie Maureen) How wonderful you finally got the scary deck taken off! It is good to see you posting. Hugs for all. Hopw to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteHe really is a lovely young man. Glad you have Joe now. Plenty of time for painting. Au revoir, Mademoiselle la Princess.
ReplyDeleteOnce the weather cools off, you will have a perfect blank canvas for your new garden layout. Take care, stay far away from any sketchy summer fruit.
ReplyDelete