Wednesday, September 28, 2022

AN END TO THE CRISIS ON THE MANTEL

 Gentle Readers . . . and Maxwell,

When last we visited the action figures on the mantel, they were involved in quite the kerfuffle.


Joe Biden grabbed Barack Obama's hand and held on with a death grip, leading Barack to turn his back on Joe. 

The crisis was resolved when two friends arrived. 


Look! It's Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders! As President Biden reaches a hand out to Elizabeth (watch out, Elizabeth, he might not let go), Bernie has the look of a man who might be saying, What am I? Chopped liver?

Sometimes a distraction solves a problem, although Ruth continues to delight in holding her gavel over Barack's head.

Summer has flown by. A relative died, and my employer sent me flowers so beautiful that Sweet Cheeks thought they weren't real.


Yesterday was beautiful––sunny and cool for September, the calm before the storm. Today brought gray skies. About 11 a.m. Franklin the weather watch dog reported the rain had started when he went outside and came in with wet fur.  Later he relayed by hiding in my bedroom closet that the wind had picked up.

I'm happy I can work from home during the hurricane. Tomorrow will not be a good day to be out driving. I also work better with the assistance of Franklin and Penelope. 


Infinities of love,

Janie Junebug




28 comments:

  1. Does being under the blanket when there s a storm make Franklin feel a little safer? I hope so.
    Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous!
    I love that you have those mantle figurines! LOL!
    I hope you won't see the worst of the storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Franklin is being very brave today. I think he and Penelope have agreed that all they have to do is wait out the rain and they won't melt when they have to go out.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see you back in the blogosphere.
    Those flowers are gorgeous.
    Stay safe, stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, EC. We're very fortunate. Ian is no longer a hurricane. Tropical storms can be bad, but so far this one is not. It's supposed to be gone by tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Sympathy for you loss; the flowers are beautiful. I love your “action figures.” Thinking of you during Ian. Hope you stay high and dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scoot! It's wet outside but not even bad enough for me to run a pump in Lake Junebug.

      Delete
  4. Hi Janie - sorry about your relative ... but those flowers are quite gorgeous ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, sweet Franklin. Hope Ian is not much trouble for you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Ian is just some wind and rain--nothing horrible at my house. By the time he heads your way maybe he won't have much strength left at all.

      Delete
  6. I, too, am not looking forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad here at all. I expected much worse. My lights flickered once this morning. That's it.

      Delete
  7. Janie! I've been wondering how things are going with you -- your radio silence has been sooooooooooo long! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how long it had been until I got ready to open my laptop and it was very dusty. I don't use it much when I'm on the computer all day at work. I'm not in the mood when I get home.

      Delete
  8. Staying home sounds like a good plan! I'm glad Elizabeth Warren is on the scene. She's my hero. (Well, one of them.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are lovely! So nice to know that you have such fun with your action figures. :-) Take care in Florida! I do wonder if this terrible hurricane will put an end to anyone naming a child "Ian".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian is one of the most, if the not the, most popular names for boys, along with Liam. People who live in certain parts of Florida might not want to hear the name again for a long time.

      Delete
  10. So happy to see you again, Ian or no. Stay safe smell the roses as long as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful flowers, and I do love your characters. The rate of change amongst our politicians means I'd no sooner buy one - if it were available - than that one would be gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours tend to be around a pretty long time, and in some cases, that's unfortunate. I wish I had the Donald Trump figure so my little people could beat him up.

      Delete
  12. Happy to know you are ok even if Franklin hid in the closet. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you, Parsnip. I've missed you and your pups.

      Delete
  13. Nice to see a post from you, Janie! I hope you've all been safe. Those flowers are stunning! And I love your collection of figurines. My type of crowd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Justin Trudeau action figure would make a nice addition. He's good looking and fairly young.

      Delete
  14. Hope you weathered the storm, and all the storms (weather and other kinds) to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hurricane was a tropical storm when it was here, and it wasn't even much of a tropical storm.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.