Friday, July 2, 2021

FRANKLIN FRIDAY: OUR RECIPE FOR DOG COOKIES

 Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi Every Buddy! Hi! It's me it's me it's me Franklin the Bordernese and I'm here to tell you how to bake dog cookies with ease.

Mom made these cookies for me and ole Penlapee last night. She says I should start by telling you all the ingredients you need. 

 1/2 cup dry milk

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons oil but we use peanut butter

1 egg

2/3 cup cold water

2 1/2 cups flour


Preheat the oven to 350°. Put

everything except the flour in the bowl and mix it up. Mom used the mixer with the dough hooks because the dough gets kneaded but you can stir everything with a spoon and then knead with your hands. 

Mom used peanut butter because we LOVE peanut butter. One time she used oil and added peppermint extract but she said it didn't do anything to improve our breath. It couldn't because we have good smelling breath.


If you're using a mixer, stop it after a while to push everything down in the bowl with a rubber scraper. Gradually add the flour. It's okay if you get some crumbs outside the bowl. Brush them onto the floor because the dogs will eat them.

When everything is mixed together, knead the dough. If you aren't using a mixer, you should take the dough out of the bowl for this part.

Then you roll out the dough and cut it into shapes. Mom has a cookie cutter shaped like a bone that she used. She also has cookie cutters shaped like dogs. She didn't use those because it would make us look like cannibals.

Put the cookies on cookie sheets. She put just a little shortening on the cookie sheets so the cookies didn't stick. 



Put the cookie sheets in the oven. Depending on how thick or thin you rolled out the dough, the cookies will take about 20 minutes to bake so keep an eye on them.

The two little blobs are leftover pieces of dough and we don't care that they aren't bone shaped.

The cookies will be a nice golden brown when they're done, unless you bake them longer to make them crispy.

When you take the cookies out of the oven, you have to let them cool for a while so the dogs don't burn their tongues. When they're all ready, they look like this:



And I look like this because I know Mom will give me a cookie:



Now go bake some cookies for your dog. If you don't have a dog, you can bake cookies and send them to us.

Okay I love you Bye Bye!



34 comments:

  1. Your mama loves you and Penelope and is v good to you. Which is just what you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that‘s a recipe even I could manage, and I love the cookie cutter shapes. Too bad I don’t have a dog. (Sorry. Too far to mail them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can make cookies and send them through the box with the light where me and Penlapee write our blog posts.

      Delete
  3. Your cookies look really yummy! You have the best Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Franklin's recipe.
    Since Carlos is the MasterBaker™ in our house, I may try and get him to bake some treats for Ozzo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a dog but these sound like they'd be good people cookies as well . . . I'd like to say your cookies are in the mail but I'm not sure they'd make it out of my kitchen . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could adopt a dog and then make cookies for him and send some to me! Mom is pretty sure they wouldn't be good people cookies but she isn't positive because she hasn't tasted them.

      Delete
  6. They look delicious! Your Mom Mom spoils you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom always says, Milk spoils. Meat spoils. Dogs don't spoil.

      Delete
  7. Oh great. Now Buster is demanding I go and get the ingredients for these and fire up the blender...like I don't have enough to do......

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky are you to have a mum who bakes for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Franklin, the eternal optimist. I don't even bake cookies for my cat. You have a very nice and good mama.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous post today Mr. Cutie ! Thank You for the recipe.
    Daughter use to make the best Gud Dug Cookies also. She gave them out as gifts and all our friends Gud Dugs and they loved loved them.
    Your last sentence makes me smile !
    Love You !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you! We love you! We love you! We gave cookies to the doggies next door.

      Delete
  11. Lucky Franklin and Penelope - they look 'interesting' - all the best to you all - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cookies sure are interesting to me and Penlapee.

      Delete
  12. Such a lovely treat from MOM MOM. They taste great with the added ingredient of love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's dedication -- making your own dog biscuits! Maybe I'll try this with Olga one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom says it's very easy to make them and I know she's right because I watched her the whole time she was in the kitchen.

      Delete
  14. My mom has never done this for me. I will have to show her this post.
    Zoey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoey! Hi! Hi! Hi! Take your mom to the kitchen right now and tell her to make cookies.

      Delete
  15. Where did I read/hear that canines and peanut butter don't mix? Scratch that and enjoy, Penelope <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much peanut butter is bad for dogs and people, but Franklin and Penelope get very little in each biscuit and only eat one or two biscuits a day.

      Delete
  16. This does sound yummy. I wonder if my Wallace could have them since Wallace gets easy skin irritations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll have to try this for Laydee.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.