Thursday, October 1, 2026

A NEW FRIEND

This little guy is living in my bathtub. I've moved in there with him. We've become close friends.

Protector and Comandor Princess brings us gnats to eat. Alice turns on the water sometimes. 



This post is my last this week. I'll see you Monday.

16 comments:

  1. I think I'd have passed out. Must be a bit big than a baby...it's very thin...maybe add in some flys and beetles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived in floriduh you wouldn't pass out. These little lizards are all over. They come in the house for frequent visitors.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Every time I ask he says the check is in the mail.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your weekend! I found a palmetto bug in the tub in my bathroom. Yuck. I hate those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palmetto bugs are disgusting. My little lizard friends do no harm.

      Delete
  4. What a cool visitor! :) Nice to have some good friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find an occasional spider but nothing like that! See you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer my lizards to spiders. Spiders sometimes bite.

      Delete
  6. Oh, how cute! That would give Balder Half a minor heart attack. As long as it's not in the over six legs bug category I'm cool with it. By the way, what exactly is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little friend is an anole. They don't cause any trouble. Don't get into food the way bugs, too. After they've been in the house a while, they usually crawl under the piano to die. Then I find their sad, little dried-up corpses.

      Delete
  7. I hate to tell you but that anole/chameleon is very skinny. It's probably not getting enough to eat in your bathroom. Sincerely, your chameleon owner, used-to-be pet shop assistant manager for years friend whose father captured half a dozen wild chameleons in Florida and brought them back to Minnesota for me so I know wild chameleons, too. Please set it free! Love, Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best to scoop him up and get him outside. Once they come inside they never have long to live.

      Delete
  8. We have a bunch of those living outside. One year my son (he was about 8 at the time) thought it would be great fun to catch as many as he could and let them out in various rooms of the house. Most I captured and released to their own environment ___but one day I was dusting the den mantle when a gigantic dragon AKA green lizard jumped out of the wreath above the fireplace onto my shoulder, Yep I was not happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my son had done that, I would have put him to work catching them after we had a discussion about not doing it again. When I worked in an office and had different hours, one night I got home from work about 1 a.m. As I unlocked the front door, a lizard fell on my head. That was an unpleasant surprise because I didn't know what it was at first.

      Delete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.