Monday, September 14, 2026

MID-SEPTEMBER MEME MONDAY

Update: Knock me over with a feather. Mitch McConnell is alive, and he's in D.C.

Another Update Now That I've Thought About It: Mitch is in D.C. being pushed around in a wheelchair. That doesn't mean he's alive. The man has been brain dead for a long time.




A few weeks ago, Senator Mitch McConnell's staff said he would return to work on September 14th––today. The 14th morphed into not knowing when McConnell will show his dried-up prune face. 











If you think I'm obsessed with Mitch McConnell's disappearance, maybe it's because I am. The governor of Kentucky has demanded proof of life and received nothing.

Many people have criticized Governor Beshear for not bursting into the hospital or rehab center where McConnell is allegedly a patient to see McConnell for himself. But even  a corpse has rights under HIPAA. 



Flags in St. Augustine, Florida, on 9/11. Each flag bears the name of someone killed on that day in 2001.
















Honoring The Dogs of 9/11




22 comments:

  1. Another problem with McConnell is that it’s always been difficult to tell if he’s alive or dead. Tell us again how hard politicians work for us. What a frickin’ country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the longer people like McConnell manage to stay in office, the richer they get. He didn't come from a wealthy family but he has millions now.

      Delete
    2. Did you notice he doesn’t look anything like that fake photo from the hospital all those weeks ago?

      Delete
    3. Yes, I noticed. We all knew the photo was faked.

      Delete
  2. Mitch is dead. Or, at the very least, brain dead, though how could we tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see a remembrance of the 9/11 dogs, so seldom mentioned! As for Mitch McConnell, it's a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember requests for leather booties for the dogs because their paws were getting cut while they worked.

      Delete
  4. Love the first one, especially! ☺ Interesting about Mitch McConnell. In Canada, there's no news about that, so I'm wondering, why would they pretend he's alive if he isn't?

    Wonderful images of the 9/11 dogs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was moved by the photos of the dogs, too. They would pretend McConnell is alive to keep the governor of Kentucky from appointing a replacement to the senate. Governor Beshear is a Democrat, who would probably appoint a Democrat, thus upsetting the fragile Republican hold on that body.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the explanation, Janie. I didn't have a clue about the McConnell thing, but it all makes sense now. Saw your update and apparently he isn't dead, so I guess the Republicans are relieved.

      Delete
    3. McConnell voted on something yesterday -- don't remember what it was. There was a vote on the war in Iran this morning. I want to find out if he voted. McConnell used to be very powerful. Now his only power is in maintaining a Republican majority that's being eroded as more Republicans come out against the felon.

      Delete
  5. I woke up this morning to read the astonishing news. Are we sure it’s not AI?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the AI we've been told is going to kill everyone and destroy the world.

      Delete
  6. The urn on the fireplace mantle, hahahahaha! I'm home again now and back to daily blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you so much. I was about to send out a search party.

      Delete
  7. OMGosh. That report from Massie is so disgusting.I've always wondered how many folks would run for Congress if there were a few less bennies and pay. The memes about Mitch are hilarious. Hope all is well in your corner of the worold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people would love to work those hours for that pay.

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this post, dear Janie! I am also happy that the dogs of 9/11 are recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tribute to the 9/11 dogs.
    Their loyalty and courage deserve to be remembered always.

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.