This is no meme. Yesterday was my beloved Carol's 88th birthday. The snow bird will return to Jacksonville before October ends. She has not yet met her new granddog, Alice. If you would like to wish Carol a happy birthday, please say so in your comment and I will convey your good wishes to her.
Now, on to the memes.
With all the troubles we have in these United States, Tommy Tuberville, idiot senator from Alabama, is worried the airlines have been taken over by pilots, air traffic controllers, and attendants who identify as furries. I am not making this up, but he is. And of course, Democrats are at fault for this catastrophe.
Tuberville gave a 20-minute speech on the floor of the senate, not about gas prices, food prices, or the Epstein files, but about the airline furries. He said passengers might be flown by a pilot with a "deranged fetish of dressing up like an animal."
🟧 banned CNN, MSNOW, and Politico from covering him last week and took away their press passes at the White House because their stories are "fake news," according to the biggest liar on the planet. A judge ordered their credentials be restored temporarily, which kinda, sorta happened, before 🟠 banned them again. When the press banded together to not step in for CNN as the press pool, it was about time, but it was also fine with me if I didn't hear the sound of his ugly voice while he kissed up to the communist dictator of China.

















Tuberville is such an effing moron ... dear goddess, Alabama, that's your best?????
ReplyDeletexoxo
It's painful, isn't it?
DeleteLove the Oxford comma. I have no idea what furry pilots are but I think I'd love those too.
ReplyDeleteA furry is a person who's a fan of animals with human characteristics. Sometimes they dress in furry animal suits. They connect with other furries online and at conventions and quite often like to create art associated with their furry character. The furries tend to be male-dominated, and some furries are trans. That's probably why Tuberville has his panties in a wad. The airline industry is not filled with furries. Tuberville is stupid, in addition to being insane.
DeleteI can't decide which of these I like best. They all make me smile but also WINCE. John and I listened to Tuberville about the "furries" and I asked him, "Is this real?" I couldn't believe any sane (!) person would believe that. The GOP has gone bonkers, in a dangerous way.
ReplyDeleteI'm amazed by some of the things the republicans say and always wonder if they really believe their own garbage, or if they make these stupid speeches to stir up their fans. There are people out there who are dense enough to believe furries have taken over the airlines, litter boxes are provided in schools for furries, social security checks are sent out to people who are 150 years old, and the felon does not fall asleep in meetings.
DeleteHappy birthday to Carol! 88 is looking great! May I just say I hope one day to stand so elegantly as my photo is being taken, I don't think it will ever happen, but I can dream! Very funny memes, that very first one from the gas station already had me chuckling before I even looked at the rest!
ReplyDeleteThe price of gas isn't funny, but the meme is. So nice to see you, Kay.
DeleteOh, and my husband and I had never heard of furry either, we just had to look it up recently!
ReplyDeleteI saw furries portrayed in a plot line on a TV show. I don't remember what shot it was. And there was the ridiculous rumor that schools had litter boxes for kids who were furries. I don't remember when I first heard about furry fandom, but it's been quite a while.
DeleteThe R's should have kept their masks on. Who knew just hot stupid and ugly they were? Their IQ combined might make one up of a middle of the road average smart person. Might.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! Excellent comment, Mads.
DeleteHappy birthday, Carol! You have the same birthday as one of my writer friends. Libras are lovely people!
ReplyDeleteIf that bonkers senator avoids flying because he's afraid of pilots, then he may be making flying a bit safer for the sane people.
I hope Tuberville gets in a car and gets lost.
DeleteHappy belated birthday to CAROL. 88 is such a good-looking number💗
ReplyDeleteI told her you said so, Mirka. She appreciate all the kind birthday wishes.
DeleteHappy belated Birthday to Carol.
ReplyDeleteI'm even more speechless!!
That's so kind of you, Polly. Carol had a great birthday.
DeleteCarol looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThey found something more frightening than a black woman flying a plane, I guess. Always clutching their pearls!
Carol's great granddaughter, Ivorie, graduated from high school last spring and is now attending an HBC. She wants to be a pilot! I join the family in taking pride in her. I encouraged her to study her math from the time she was quite young and sent her books to read, but also books about math. She took her math seriously and excelled at it.
Delete