Saturday, July 15, 2017

Our Island Home

for b.


When we walk on the grounds of
           Our Island Home
We wave at the neighbors off in the distance
We don't call out a hello because our voices
Would waft away on the breeze.
We are alone on the grounds of
           Our Island Home

When we play on the beach at
           Our Island Home
We swim naked and free
We make love in the waves
We rest in the sand because
We are alone on the beach at
           Our Island Home

When we walk to the restaurant near
           Our Island Home
We feast on Northern Italian
We drink red wine 
We wander the roads until
We return from the restaurant alone to
           Our Island Home

We are happy on our own, completely alone, in
           Our Island Home

20 comments:

  1. I love this Island Home! Sounds like the place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resonating loudly with me, Janie. Our home is our refuge, too. Not everybody gets that, but you clearly do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janie - lovely poem and yes I'd be happy with that sort of existence ... peace and away from the rumble of life, though near enough to find some good food and vino, before returning to my island home ... a delightful read - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this I think I would like a island home surrounded by family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made love (for a nicer term) many times in several oceans, off public beaches. Not planned, just happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem paints such an idyllic picture! Everyone should have a refuge such as your island home. Nice one, Janie. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like paradise, or Casablanca - making love in the waves. Very nice, and very nice to see your poetry, Janie.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds incredible, but make sure you don't drown making love in the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to swim naked once.
    The neighbors can get so touchy.
    Especially in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, Janie. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, Janie. Makes me want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lovely poem brings back so many memories of different islands in my past, Janie. "Voices wafting away on breezes" is such a true and grounding detail. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.